Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When Two Guys and a Truck, is a Bad Bad Thing

well put wcp

I think I will start thinking along those lines, it's just hard not to try and help sometimes though.

G3

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Seriously Doubt it. Anyone with a license understands that work like is going to come back in a form of a lawsuit. Licensed contractors are liable for their actions. If your a scum bag hack that has no licnese and a phone number that can be easily changed, why do clean work? no need for insurance or anything.

I'm not saying that contracters work is clean, generals contribute to the problem by employeeing these "cheap I can plumb pick me up from depot" plumbers. I was at job where this happened yesterday, brand new house! sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, but the general washed his hands and blamed it on the plumbers, come to find out, the plumbers are not licensed and drive around town moonlighting.

As for advice given ont his site, I stopped it because i feel it is not doing anyone nay good, the plumbing gets installed wrong anyways and I am putting a fellow tradesman out of work somewhere.

I say all DIY sites and that darn DIY channel need to be eliminated, it is easy to type a solution to a plumbing problem, and I am sure it helps ego's of those that are helping, but the person giving the info is putting someone else out of work.
      Sounds good But unfortunately knowing how to plumb is not necessary to get a contractors license.At least out here in Cailifornia.These guys get their license first and "learn as you go".

It's starting to come full circle on the DIY flippers and their unregistered,unsupervised cash labor.The work is starting to crumble at only five years.For instance 1" square tile thinseted right over fabricated shower pan.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        sounds good but unfortunately knowing how to plumb is not necessary to get a contractors license.at least out here in cailifornia.these guys get their license first and "learn as you go".

it's starting to come full circle on the diy flippers and their unregistered,unsupervised cash labor.the work is starting to crumble at only five years.for instance 1" square tile thinseted right over fabricated shower pan.
        lmao!
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I actually became a day laborer after this thread, I get picked up at home depot every morning at 6 am, dropped off on the interstate sometimes at the bridge.

I can't take it anymore!!!!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

hell yall, I was told last week any moron can glue pipe together. the funny thing is this jerk had already tried to fix the problem 3 times, the reason he called me, tehn i asked why did you bother me then. I hope i am not the only one with a$$hole rates.

Comment

Oh come on! I have seen HVAC boys do FAR worse than that!

Chop 8 inches off a 2 by 12? Pffft! Big deal! That's why I enjoy playing with arcs and sparks. Homeowners often find the results of hiring cheap labor rather ...explosive....

Still, shame on the inspector for letting such acts pass muster.

Comment

I wonder if the home owners did it themselves? That's bad! That does not make any sense why some one would do that... Only some one that has no experience like a home owner would be that...........

Comment

I dunno man, I worked with a guy on the last job I did that sawzalled right through two TJI joists when making a tub hole in a commercial building knowing damn well you cant make tub holes in a building that gets gypcrete or any other type of fireproofing put down on the floor. How is gypcrete going to stay on the floor if you've got a 16-24 inch square cut in the floor?! Homeowners and shoddy tradesmen do bad things so I think this could be one or the other, but regardless of who did it its still atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                    wouldn't it be funny if the work chronicalled here was done by a liscensed professional plumber who was a better salesman than he was tradesman?
                    That's what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X