X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy, i'm home

so today i have a job that was scheduled for my second call around 10-11. i call to let them know i'm on my way. no answer at home or cell

check my answering machine and owner left a message that she had to go to the airport to pick up a friend. why didn't she call my cell, i don't know

finally she calls my cell while i'm outside her house. she's a good 25-30 minutes away for a 5 minute job

i ask if there's a key hidden no, but there is a doggy door

owner says she can fit. i say ya, you're 5' - 95# and i'm 6-1, 210#

so as i approach the side door, doggy door, buddy the 100# yellow lab won't move away to allow me a try. finally i grab buddy and move him aside. i reach up and grab the deadbolt and unlock it bummer there's another latch too high to reach. so i take off my cell phone and place it within reach of the inside incase i get stuck.

i get my head and shoulders inside and now i'm working on my crack

finally get in and who is there to greet me

lucy the pug.

fix the disposal and stick around for the owner to show up. we go back well over 10 years. in fact when lucy was a puppy, i remember her sitting on my chest while i was working under the sink.

interesting job site story i thought you might enjoy

rick.

buddy and lucy

the top latch is what stopped me from originally getting in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-26-2009, 08:58 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Lucy, i'm home

1) Cute Dog Pictures

2) That's awesome that you have customers for that long and you can remember when the pups were small

Great Thread !!
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Plumer rick , I have customers the same way , knowen them for 30 yrs, they leave the key hidden , or give me the garage door code , but as you know there is NO WAY I WOULD FIT THOUGH THAT DOOR , but I am trying to loose weight , It is great having customers like that - the other other rick

Comment

I thought this was going to end where the neighbors called the police about a break in, and they arrived as you were halfway in. Or the dog ate your phone. Or you got stuck, the dog grabbed your phone, and you were trying to entice the dog to bring it to you. Or the dog was about to attack, but it fell asleep as you were telling it stories about your exploits at the RoundUp.
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I have a box full of keys to customers houses, and a book full of garage door codes. They call and leave a message, come and take care of this..........

4 or 5 times already, opened door, burglar alarm goes off cops show up. Show them the key, yadda yadda yadda.

Guess I gotta start getting alarm codes too!.

Comment

Just hope you are not there the same day they get burglarized.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
              When you end up staring at the wrong end of a .38 Rick you won't ever enter through a doggy door again.

If you arn't sure which is the 'wrong end' I can tell you

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                Yeah. you got that right. I can not tell you how many peoples houses I've been in, with pocket change or small bills (or large, for that matter)laying on a counter or dresser. On more than one occassion, I've asked people to put it away, to avoid a potential misunderstanding. Imagine the ice cream truck comes, kid grabs a $5 of the dresser, and the plumber was the last one in the master bath!

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                  I thought this was going to end where the neighbors called the police about a break in, and they arrived as you were halfway in. Or the dog ate your phone. Or you got stuck, the dog grabbed your phone, and you were trying to entice the dog to bring it to you. Or the dog was about to attack, but it fell asleep as you were telling it stories about your exploits at the RoundUp.

That's great. I was thinking the same thing.

Rick if you ever need a little guy to help with that you can call me.

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      When you end up staring at the wrong end of a .38 Rick you won't ever enter through a doggy door again.

If you arn't sure which is the 'wrong end' I can tell you
                      bill, remember she was the one that told me to use the doggy door. she was still off at the airport.

if this was beverly hills, i know the cops show up quick

l.a. i could have ate, showered fixed the disposal and still would have had time to leave out the front door before the cops showed up

although the funny part was when i was going back out the driveway, i surprised the mailman and he surprised me. i guess i could have been maced if i barked

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post

dan i'll keep that in mind next time i need to sneak into a garage door

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post

rick you can also call your buddy steve he would fit

it would have bin funny if you did get stuck and the pug started to lick your face
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Good thread, and good to hear that dog is living to be so old, I have a 15 yr old Labrador myself. Awesome that you fit through that dog door too, I'd have no trouble but I'm only 5'4 and 120 lbs! Thanks for the interesting thread!

Comment

Rick,did you lose any skin?
                              Kenneth Collier
                              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                              Jackson, MS 39206
                              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X