X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professionalism

I'm on the hoa board at a condo complex. Got a call tonight at 7:20 pm; no water in at least 3 units.

I go over, and some 'plumber' has cut the water to six units to replace a shower valve. Despite clearly labled shut offs such that he only needed to kill two units he's cut the whole stack. Without telling anyone. On Friday night. And has packed up and left without finishing.

So I turned on the other four, turned on the two long enough to fill the toilets in the one that's tied to the tore up one, and will go back tomorrow and get parts and finish if no one else has, and when I find this guy he's either going to pay one heck of a bill or have every property manager and realtor I know, which is plenty, hear the story from me.

Hope you are enjoying happy hour, A$$hole. It's going to be more expensive than you think.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Professionalism

What's the homeowner saying.Did they have a falling out.Maybe he doesn't understand englese.Maybe no lisen-see-ya.

Comment

Adam, that's only were your at.
      were ace is at it is " would you like any grey poupon? "
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Homeowner knows nothing about it, and was nice and very apologetic. It's all handled by thier property manager, who is m.i.a.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          Homeowner knows nothing about it, and was nice and very apologetic. It's all handled by thier property manager, who is m.i.a.
          I've walked on a property manager.He whittled me down on an over the phone description and quote.When I informed him that it was not a 3/4" sprinkler line but a 6" pvc water feature feed line he told me I was not going to get more money.He was a whacko.General had to go to court for us,he had concrete patch.

I'll bet your boy has a story.

Comment

Can't wait to hear it... I think I'll tape it suruptiously if I can and post it. It doesn't even matter. It gets fixed tomorrow even if I have to do it, and I hate shower valves... I'm a drain cleaner! I'm not a plumber! But I'll do this or (hmmm) just sweat some caps on it so A$$hole has to finish it.

I'll get paid regardless; I'm on the board. The hoa will pay me and bill the owner, and I like the owner from our five minute conversation, so I'll warn him what's coming and A$$hole will finish it and get paid his $.50 after deducting my bill.

Comment

Wow. I think, regardless of the why's about it this guy needs to be reported to someone, preferably the licencing entity. I understand running out of time, but how tough is it to put on a couple of caps...There's even shark bite out there for situations like that...No excuse for that dis-service to that unit, and the 5 others...

Just my .02

Greg

Comment

Chances are your right Ace. He could very well be, and is more then likely, very unprofessional, but before you bad mouth him to others make sure you know exactly what your dealing with.

You never know, maybe he got a call in the middle of the job saying his kid was hit by a car. If it turns out something like that is the case, and your bad mouthing him, then your going to look like the a-hole.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

ok, i went off half cocked...

just got more of the story; there is no-one working on it; the shower handle broke off, valve exploded and the cartridge blew out when the tennant was using it. found some shutoffs and shut them off, called property manager to get it fixed, here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    What's the homeowner saying.Did they have a falling out.Maybe he doesn't understand englese.Maybe no lisen-see-ya.
                    u would blame a mexican....

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Originally posted by woodman619 View Post
                      u would blame a mexican....
                      Why do you think Adam was talking about Mexicans? There's lots of other spanish speaking immigrants.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Why do you think Adam was talking about Mexicans? There's lots of other spanish speaking immigrants.
                        It was kinda obvious. And agree with woodman.

Comment

Well at least no one mentioned older white american unemployed men, with disabilities.

That would of taken this thread over the edge. Name:  69d1dffed6e831abe0ed9607484cd41e.gif
Views: 2
Size:  941 Bytes
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                          X