No announcement yet.

todays email

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays email

just emailed a bill to a customer i never met.

a customer that got my name and number from a friend that i never worked for

but apparently i helped them over the phone months ago and gave them some good advise

so they recommended me to their friend. a nice phone call and i went to their 98 year old moms condo.

what's interesting is i only work by referral. i don't work for complete strangers. so for me even taking this job, was a bit off. but speaking to them on the phone was reassurance i was dealing with my type of customer.

here's the email i received after i emailed their bill to them tonight.

Dear Rick,

Just forwarded your bill to my sect'y and asked her to send you a check immediately, and that, if she can't, to just let me know and I will send it to you immediately.

I am so grateful to you for attending to this so quickly. You can see from meeting my 98 1/2 year old mother why it was so pressing.

Bless you. Thank you.
    Have a great holiday.

phoebe it is

Re: todays email

Do you frequently e-mail invoices? Do you mostly collect on the job or snail mail invoices.
    Most customers that are home when I complete a job want to pay then. But I estimate that half the time I either let myself in or the "payor" is not home.
    Of course postage and handling is already figured into my hourly rate.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: todays email

i typically print the invoice at the job. but on jobs that need to be billed out to another party/ management com i'll email it.

it's a win, win. the customer then has it on their computer and doesn't need to file it. they can also forward it too and share it. this is very true with real estate inspections. buyer and seller all get the same report at the same time.

i save a copy to a work folder and i can access it from any computer in the world without even having mine. this allows me to look up any invoice from the past.

very few customer don't have email.

i also get customers to email a photo of odd jobs to save me a trip.

and to think, 6 years ago, i thought a faxed bill was high tech

phoebe it is