"do you know mark #######"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "do you know mark #######"

so i'm at a job near my house today and was using my timberwolf sectional cleaner. the neighbor from across the street came over along with his plumber

of course they were watching me work the line with 1.25'' cable and my 4x6'' cutter. who knows, might have just sold a timberwolf sectional

so the owner waits for his plumber to leave and ask me for a card. i told him i don't give out cards. so he ask me for my name and #.

i go back out to my truck and the neighbor ask if i know mark #######

how the heck does he know our mark? this is 1/4 mile from my house and 30 miles from mark

turns out he had needed a recommendation a few years back for a construction issue. mark had referred me to him and i took care of the problem at a different location.

he figured that out when he went to put me into his book and i was already there next to marks #

small world.

and i thought mark was cutting into my hood

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: "do you know mark #######"

some times it is a small world,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Does ####### refer to how old he is or how much he weighs?
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
        Does ####### refer to how old he is or how much he weighs?
        although most of us already know marks / (toutahnow)last name, i wasn't going to post it here. so ####### stands for his last name.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Actually my last name is spelled ******.

As I recall the guy got my number from his friend who is a partner at a law firm I have worked for over the last 20-years. The condo where you worked was a condo owned by his friend who was out of State and had this as a rental. Either way the guy called me afterwards to sing your praise so I am surprised to hear he had "his own" plumber.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

and i thought mark was cutting into my hood
            I thought you were gonna say it was someone from the Forum.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
            X