X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even i felt guilty

so today i'm at my customers house who is complaining of the island sink gurgling i camered it 8 months ago and found that the no hub was run fairly flat and the upstairs laundry shares the same line.

watched the video and i explained that i would have to look under the house to see what it would take to correct the piping.

so i look under the crawl space and i see the next footing with piping and duct work jammed into it.

no way was i going to fit. 6'1'' 210#

looked at emily, the owner 5'8'' 125 who is also a real rocket scientist

she was game and got suited up. i supplied the flashlight, headlight, level, camera, and gloves. gave her an idea what to take photos of and i'll guide her from in the house

she crawls under and crawls to the kitchen where i can guide her at what to shoot photos of.

comes out fairly dirt free. got all my tools back - 1 glove

i figured adam could get it when he does the job

i know, how could i let the owner do my work

i tried to recommend the last plumber she used that cleaned/ jetted the built in gutters from the 2 story roof edge. nope she didn't trust him

so here's to emily, the smartest female apprentice you'll ever meet

rick.

emily all smiles before the entry. notice the ridgid torpedo level.

told you it was tight.

island sink waste and venting.

ridgid glow in the dark level with grade calibration and 3 rare earth magnets.

not too dirty.

adam you got the picture, don't eat for a few days before.

rick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Even i felt guilty

She is one lucky gal, you let her play with your toys. The last helper you had you would not let him even push the button on the camera.

G3

Comment

35 year old Rick would have tried and made it through.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
        She is one lucky gal, you let her play with your toys. The last helper you had you would not let him even push the button on the camera.

G3
        was that before or after 4.5 year old shane called me an old man

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        35 year old Rick would have tried and made it through.

J.C.
        35# less and maybe. it's a weight thing, not an age thing

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I "task" my customers all the time, especially when the faucets need to be turned on in the house, faucet needs turned off, toilet needing flushed, goes right on down the list.

It's a respect of privacy in their home for the most part. Anyone that offers to take stuff up the steps, instant discount that I let them know I appreciate them saving me another trip down their steps.

The effort always pays off for them by how I explain right as I leave how much I appreciated the effort. << That goes miles in their book.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Very cute. Emily is my new hero homeowner.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If she's a real rocket scientist, I'd get her working on.......

The Plumber Rick Rocket Powered K-60!!!!

It finds clogs and destroys them all on its own!!

The phone rings....you push a button....and the Plumber Rick Rocket Powered K-60 drives itself to the customer's house, does the job, and gets back just as Rick's finishing his coffee/milkshake/whatever.......
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                so today i'm at my customers house who is complaining of the island sink gurgling i camered it 8 months ago and found that the no hub was run fairly flat and the upstairs laundry shares the same line.

watched the video and i explained that i would have to look under the house to see what it would take to correct the piping.

so i look under the crawl space and i see the next footing with piping and duct work jammed into it.

no way was i going to fit. 6'1'' 210#

looked at emily, the owner 5'8'' 125 who is also a real rocket scientist

she was game and got suited up. i supplied the flashlight, headlight, level, camera, and gloves. gave her an idea what to take photos of and i'll guide her from in the house

she crawls under and crawls to the kitchen where i can guide her at what to shoot photos of.

comes out fairly dirt free. got all my tools back - 1 glove

i figured adam could get it when he does the job

i know, how could i let the owner do my work

i tried to recommend the last plumber she used that cleaned/ jetted the built in gutters from the 2 story roof edge. nope she didn't trust him

so here's to emily, the smartest female apprentice you'll ever meet

rick.

emily all smiles before the entry. notice the ridgid torpedo level.

told you it was tight.

island sink waste and venting.

ridgid glow in the dark level with grade calibration and 3 rare earth magnets.

not too dirty.

adam you got the picture, don't eat for a few days before.

rick.
                I hope you paid her well.......

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                  I hope you paid her well.......

no bill on this one

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    no bill on this one

rick.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Nice!!!! You are the picture king for sure
                      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

does Joey know?
                        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Being fat does have its advantages. The supervisor I use to work for took pride in getting the worst jobs he could possibly find. He would get these real nasty crawl spaces job that had sewage and water leaks and send me on them. I would call the shop and tell him the crawl space was too small for me to fit in and he would send another crew to do the job. I am 6 ft 279 pds so I was not hard to believe. The other crew never did like me much though lol.
                          Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by alsdrainservice View Post
                            Being fat does have its advantages. The supervisor I use to work for took pride in getting the worst jobs he could possibly find. He would get these real nasty crawl spaces job that had sewage and water leaks and send me on them. I would call the shop and tell him the crawl space was too small for me to fit in and he would send another crew to do the job. I am 6 ft 279 pds so I was not hard to believe. The other crew never did like me much though lol.
                            I love playing the fat card keeps me from going under trailers.
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                            X