Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i told him to hire a laborer

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
    we have temp agency's here but not sure you can hire some one for a couple hr it has to be for the day
    Yes you need to hire them by the day here as well.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbBum View Post
      Too bad there aren't negative points to be given because I think the Op and his buddies would be in the red.

Laughing at an injured person? A customer yet? A retired customer? Boy, you wouldn't make it past my gate. There are those who start a business to do business and there are those who start a business because they can't get hired. On the internet, the latter is obvious by the higher post counts. The higher the post count, the bigger the slacker.

Hiring illegal aliens? Are you kidding me? I know California sucks big time and Californians are about as wanted as an AIDS patient at an orgy, but hiring illegals? Do the rest of the nation a favor and stay in Hell-ifornia, okay?

Here, if you have a worker that's unlicensed for a trade or working under the table, the fines start at $250.00 and go as high as $1,000.00 per incident.

The violations stay on public record, available on the internet to everyone, for six years.

Op and company, you are an embarrassment to business. Tell you what....if the Op is the superstar of this forum and has the full support of Ridgid, I'll buy General.
      tell you what, i doubt you could hold a shovel to me. been doing plumbing 35 years and have never needed to advertise, yet i stay busy 7 days a week, except for vacation and holidays.

seeing you have 1 post and all of a sudden you know me

hope you have fun at the general site

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post
        He should have gone to Home Depot and picked up a day laborer hanging out. Sometimes the homeowners really need to listen to the contractor. Would love to see pics.
        Accidents happen. Anyone could have cut himself.

I work cheaper (on my own stuff, anyway) than even the cheapest day laborer. Hard to beat someone that will dig a ditch, or whatever, and not cost me a single red cent.

Besides, digging and such is a good workout and doesn't require a monthly gym membership. Of course, you don't get the benefit of the ladies fashion show that you get at the gym....

Comment

so the owner calls me today and says the hole is ready

i guess he learned his lesson and hired the laborer to finish the 3' x 2' x 2'-9'' hole.

show up with my stuff only to find that the owner never checked up on his laborer and another wasted trip.

rick.

i guess the owner and laborer couldn't understand eachother.

the owner wants to spend as little as possible and for me to finish digging that hole with a big root still to cut and dig, he's calling back the laborer.

as you can see the outline of the hole is there. just never finished digging all the way down.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-02-2010, 11:35 PM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

what's this wasted trip stuff? i get a service call every time i go out. breid.........

Comment

bum

tell us how you really feel. breid...............

Comment

he said hire a laborer,
                nothing was said about hiring any one that was not legal, and with the amount of unemployment there is I would guess there are plenty of US citizens that would not mind a day of work for some cash, as well.

I know a few people who will jump on a simple job, for day or two, they may not work real fast but will do the job, and they are not illegals.
                currently jobs are very hard to find in our area, and many are trying to feed there families with any thing they can find, many do not qualify for unemployment around our area.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

so he finally did hire a laborer. after 4 trips there plus the 1 today, this is what i found when i went to cut the 4'' clay line.

the line was completely solid full of roots from before the broken wye to down the 45 drop towards the alley.

i cut the broken pipe and it fell apart exposing the solid roots.

3 years ago i had snaked it from the top landing about 90' away and 20' higher in elevation. i told him to install a cleanout then to allow for periodic snaking upward and downward. of course he didn't listen to me then and now he is out of luck. i didn't even bother to snake the line as it's solid both ways. sent him the photos and told him to hire a sewer contractor.

meanwhile his sewer is overflowing at the upper landing steps for the last 2 weeks.

rick.

the upper sewer line filling the planter.

broken wye.

look closely at the 45 drop full of solid roots to the 6' depth.

any better?

the house is elevated above the tree line. so the stoppage had to be bad enough to hold back a good 20' head without budging.

rick.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

i have no shortage of local home grown americans to hire. right now at 10:06 am sat. morning. 27 empty houses here out of 126. saizz it all. illegals all left . no work. breid.............

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      so he finally did hire a laborer. after 4 trips there plus the 1 today, this is what i found when i went to cut the 4'' clay line.

the line was completely solid full of roots from before the broken wye to down the 45 drop towards the alley.

i cut the broken pipe and it fell apart exposing the solid roots.

3 years ago i had snaked it from the top landing about 90' away and 20' higher in elevation. i told him to install a cleanout then to allow for periodic snaking upward and downward. of course he didn't listen to me then and now he is out of luck. i didn't even bother to snake the line as it's solid both ways. sent him the photos and told him to hire a sewer contractor.

meanwhile his sewer is overflowing at the upper landing steps for the last 2 weeks.

rick.

the upper sewer line filling the planter.

broken wye.

look closely at the 45 drop full of solid roots to the 6' depth.

any better?

the house is elevated above the tree line. so the stoppage had to be bad enough to hold back a good 20' head without budging.

rick.
                      Rick,some folks Just don't deserve You !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                      X