Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk truck vrs Shop Vac

The other day we did a job at a farm.
    I had to take the shop vac out to get to my snake. Knowing I'd have to take it back out again when i put the snake back I decided to leave it on the side of the van. Its a rule of mine NOT to do this as this is how things get lost/broken "but we're at a farm what's going to happen"?

1/2hr later the milk truck (18 wheeler) shows up for a pick up. So my wife moves the van. She saw the vac was off to the side and figured "what's going to happen"?

A while pases and we go outside to see my poor little Ridgid vac taking her last breath.
    Farmer says "yeah the milk driver ran over your vac. He said he saw it but forgot all about it when he was making his swing. He said to bill the company. I'll get you the info when you come to the office.

I decided not to bother. I know what trucking companies can be like and I'd hate to see a man lose his job over a $20 part. And besides we are just as much at fault.

The top (motor) is fine, nothing broke. The cord got pulled out a bit, but thats it. The canister...well.. the canaster has seen better days.

Interesting addition: they had an old silo built with clay tile.
    Attached Files
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Milk truck vrs Shop Vac

Clay tile silo
    Attached Files
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

wide shoot
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Coooool silo.......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

hopefully you can get replacement canisters...

i've lost count of the shop vacs i've killed over the years, but never a tank

Comment

battery chargers and farm tractors, the neighbor can testify that tractor wins,
            mail boxes and semi trucks, the truck win as well,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X