X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my nuts are missing

installed 3 owner supplied american standard faucets today. 2 wide spreads went in fine and worked properly.

then i installed the 4'' center set and when i turned on the water at hot angle stop, the handle blew off with the stem

i shut off the stop and wiped up the water. the cartridge was missing the locking nut. checked the cold and it too was missing the nut.

called a/s customer service and they are sending a new faucet from texas in a few days. the faucet was purchased from home depot and appeared new with plastic banding around the box. so either it was bought and returned or american standard short changed me 2 nuts

glad it happened while i was there testing it. could you imagine if it happened after i left.

i will be billing them my time when i come back next week too.

rick.

of course the handles are already factory installed so unlees you removed them, you wouldn't see the lock nuts missing.

the missing parts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-06-2010, 12:14 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: my nuts are missing

Comment

WOW!!!... I seen that before. Imagine if it did not pop off then. You leave and the owner leaves, then 20 min later they pop off. Man, the whole house floods because of that.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Mexican needed some car parts.

Yeah, I said it.

J.C.

Comment

Sadly this is not an isolated incident.
          Especially at Home Depot!!!!

I always get dirty looks and lots of sighs from the cashier as I
          inform them I want to open the box for inspection before payment to ensure everything is there!

Now to be reasonable I don't count the nails in a lb box but I have been shorted often!

My worst experience was buying a Ridgid wet vac. The box actually looked like it was originally sealed....I passed on the first box in the display and went for one further back....Never the less when I got home it was missing the casters!!!!!!!! I should have inspected it!

I have also observed from the return desk almost everything simply goes back to stock without any determination if something is defective or missing.

Cactus Man

Comment

pretty sure that it was returned to hd and then re-sealed with the plastic banding without ever looking at it. unfortunately the original customer is to blame, but good luck figuring out who that is.

owner is buying a new one this weekend and will return the old one. they need it before it arrives from teaxs.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X