X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $92,000.00 Tip !!!

Owed $200.00 final payment on a Malibu home on PCH.
    Bank sent me a check through it's bill paying service.

....$92,032.06*....

This is going to bump me into a higher tax bracket.
    Gotta go on a Shopping spree.

'Member that new cutaway with the side boxes I was talking about.
    Finally get that Mini-excavatorI was thinking I could never justify.

Re: $92,000.00 Tip !!!

My car insurance company at one point turned my check for $113.00 into a debit of my account for $11,300. The first time it bounced, the second time the bank honored it.

They were very nice about it and gave me my money + the fees back, but you would hope the insurance co's automated system would have some kind of protection against doing stupid things like putting a payment through for 100 times the balance on the account without some kind of human supervisor's intervention!

Comment

adam, looks like you're picking up the tab at the next get together

call the customer and give them a heads up.

but first make a copy so you could see what a dishonest person would do

p.s. adam, i need your passport

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

With existing good cutomers I often do verbal contracts. I will look their job over and give them a price.....if under a 1,000.00 I dont bother writting it up.

So i give this lady an estimate of 1,000.00 and she says..."wow thats alot" I agree but thats what its going to take to do what you want. She agreed.

So I do the job and she meets me at the home to look the job over(she didn' move in after she bought the house untill after the remodel was finished) and to pay me.

She writes the check for 10 grand I hand it back to her telling her she had made a mistake. I told her its only 1,000.00 and she about

I've been doing service work for about 20 years for her...real sweet lady!!!

She called me an angel I only want what I'm owed...no more and no less.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post

I only want what I'm owed...no more and no less.

Comment

When I got that $6070 over payment, that check was like the pile of money with eyes on the insurance commercial.

Yesterday I was at a customers home and noticed something in the snowbank that didn't quite look like trash. I pulled it out and it was a card addressed to that address.
            Turns out, it was a Christmas card from her renters mother with a $300 check. You'd have thought she won the lotto she was so happy.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The bank is probably going to be in trouble since they issued the check!
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I wonder how many of the bank's customers got similar surprises? I have visions of a rogue computer merrily cranking out hundreds of these before a flag was raised. Kind of like the broom in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChxLGnIwCU

Comment

A rigid forum raffle would be great !!
                  I'll take 5 tickets please
                  Congrats on the final payment

Comment

Rick, I vote adam picks up the next tab as well
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Adam, is this the same PCH job you mentioned a few months back? The one where the contractor was not pulling any permits ect...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                        Adam, is this the same PCH job you mentioned a few months back? The one where the contractor was not pulling any permits ect...
                        Great memory Bill.
                        Nah,that general is has moved on to other projects.He didn't get that one.

This one was a house on stilts over the sand/surf.
                        Flooring contractor got his general's license.Nice flooring.He brought me in to take a radiant heat system off line for the homeowner(member that one?)

Anyway,got a very appreciative phone call tonight from the homeowners wife.Just a mixup with some accounts.A good person who was thankfull.Hopefully have made some more new friends.
                        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Owed $200.00 final payment on a Malibu home on PCH.
                          Bank sent me a check through it's bill paying service.

....$92,032.06*....

This is going to bump me into a higher tax bracket.
                          Gotta go on a Shopping spree.

'Member that new cutaway with the side boxes I was talking about.
                          Finally get that Mini-excavatorI was thinking I could never justify.
                          It's about time someone realized your true value.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                          X