X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ProFlo

Actually I consider a sillcock flanged (for anchoring purposes) mostly female ips.And the boiler drain not flanged and male ips which you can sweat into as well..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Here are some pictures from that job. Opening to get in there is a lot smaller than what picture shows. Plus I had to remove a drop ceiling tile to get up in there.

For this one I cut the copper, and used pex for this side. The other side could be coppered right back out.
      Attached Files

Comment

So when you use PEX do you use barb fittings and crimp rings or sharkbite fittings?

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          So when you use PEX do you use barb fittings and crimp rings or sharkbite fittings?
          Crimp rings

Comment

Yeah I am looking into running some heat lines ..Thinking of going with wirsbo /pex tubing .I'll probably go with the wirsbo type fittings (different animal than standard pex fittings).They are almost like a wardflex fitting with the split rings etc.We'll see how it goes..

Comment

POOR FLO, I mean Proflo Sucks. So does Ferguson for that matter. The only crap any of the execs have ever had on their shoes in the plumbing industry, is from their own BS they tell us in trying to sell us proflo. They now carry a product called Mariebelle or something like that for toilets. Its a proflo toilet dressed up. "You can polish a turd, but it is still a turd".
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

I still can't understand why there is still a stud in the center of the tub. That is so damn annoying. Of everything on a house, the tub valve has to be centered on the tub. Every tub, every house. And they all still put the stud right behind the damn overflow.

do engineers and the trades not talk to each other? I am sure there are several little things on a house like this but this is by far my biggest gripe about home builders. that and every damn plumbing wall here is 2x4. Sometimes we even have to get the framers to scab on a wall with 3 inch pipe going to the second floor. It's just crap. No one cares, no one communicates, it's all about who can do it the cheapest and the fastest anymore.

HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY get the top out done, while the effing roofers are putting shingles on...
                Piss on new construction..

Comment

Working...
                X