X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crap in a bucket

We were in the North End of Boston working on The Dig, our Tupperware $hithouse had not been pumped in weeks(in July heat mind you). So we tie wire the door shut and push it away from our job trailer out on to the sidewalk. We were walking up to lunch to see a guy exiting said $hithouse, WTF he undid the wired shut door and crapped on top of the mountain that was already in there.

Comment

Oh yeah the TP had been long gone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        You haven't been a plumber long enough till you've seen crap in the tank of a toilet where the people who live at the property thought they could make it go down "that other hole" they know of on the toilet.

We call those "upper-deckers"!

Comment

Was in the pipe weld test shop years ago when one of our buddies was testing out on 2" 6G, another mutual friend shoved cat crap up into the pipe. As the pipe started to get hot the crap started to cook and finally burn. Needless to say when that hood flipped up we all got a good cussing and he got a new nickname "the cat shat welder"

Comment

When I was running HVAC service work you always had to be prepared...whether it be at a customer's house, at a jobsite or on the road. I kept an empty five gallon bucket with me, a bunch of 5 gallon trash bags (scented of course), and about three rolls of TP on the van. When nature called I jumped in the back of the van, threw in a trash bag, did my biz & tied it up. When I got back to the shop the 'ol dumpster got a treat!!! I started doing this after I seen one of our installers get pissed off about something and decided to kick a bucket in the basement. Needless to say when it hit the wall & exploded he was much more pissed!!!

Comment

anyone ever tell you that you're an idiot?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              hate to say it, but it gets worse

1991, had a 544 unit apartment building from the ground up. problem was the city sewer wasn't run yet, so i didn't want the toilets set yet.

running out of work, i decide to distribute the 900+ toilets to the units and let them sit in the boxes.

weeks later when it was time to set them, a good 20+ had already been used in the box of course none of the guys wanted anything to do with them. so i got stuck setting the used toilets

rick.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbher View Post
                anyone ever tell you that you're an idiot?
                plumbher:

Since this is your first post you probably didn't know how to start a thread. You need to click on to the General Topics, Open Discussion Section. At the bottom of the page is the Post New Thread Button. The giveaway for me was that inasmuch as your question is not relevant to many of the listed trade/craft topics whatsoever.

At the start of page you'll see a bar to put in your question, its the Title Bar:

There you should write "Anyone ever tell you that you're an idiot?

Then move your cursor down to the next box and give us some detail about your question, such as what event led someone or group of people to call you an idiot. Include the who, what, when, where, why and how someone called you an idiot. Keep in mind, the more details you provide, the better we can try and help you.

Now that that's out of the way lets see if we can get to the bottom of your personal dilemma.

Personally, I've never been called an idiot, nor have I ever called someone an idiot but I can feel your pain and embarrassment you felt when someone called you an idiot. The dictionary defines the word idiot as:
                A stupid person.
                A mentally handicapped person.
                Synonyms
                fool - imbecile - blockhead - dunce - nitwit - dolt

First of all to get some background, was it your boss, a customer, family member, wife perhaps or all of the above and do they continually call you an idiot? In what context are you called an idiot? Did you make a simple mistake? Or do you continually make the same mistakes over and over again? Do they think beyond measure that they are justified in calling you an idiot?Perhaps all those folks that are calling you an idiot don't truly understand the term idiot. Due to no fault of there own, they may not be aware that you may be a "cretin". The meanings are similar but different.

In closing, I'm thinking you may have been mis-diagnosed and contrary to the popular belief of your new friends here and your family and associates in Arkansas you are not an Idiot, but a Cretin.

Do get back with us in the proper part of the forum that I mentioned above. In the right setting there are far greater minds on this forum than mine, and I'm sure there will be some willing to give it their best efforts to help a brother plumber out, be he Idiot or Cretin.

Arizona Plumber

Comment

...be he Idiot or Cretin
                  Or both!
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    Or both!
                    plumbher: There you go. Proof that better minds than mine are trying to help you out so to speak. I'm sure others will be able to help with an even better diagnosis. One of which will be the answer you're looking for.
                    Happy New Year!!!!

Comment

worked with a real *** one day that thought it was cute to take my coffee mug and crap in it.
                      got back at him later though.
                      found out which stall he used regularly and warned others away from it.
                      coated the seat with icy hot liquid and liberally dosed the tp roll with itching powder
                      added a whole new meaning to hot @$$ and hemorrhoids from hell
                      shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

There's a guy in town that's known for his take no.... prisoners attitude. He has a plumbing and portable toilet service and the story is that he and his brother-in-law went up to a boating community at the lake to pick up a portable toilet that wasn't being paid for on this guys property. He knocks on the door to get paid and tells the fellow that he needs to pay up and that the service is cancelled. The property owner tells the portable guy/company owner that he's going to take the toilet, but not until after he uses it one more time. Well, the former "customer" goes in to the toilet and the company owner waits a minute and locks the hasp and turns the fiberglass loo into a lidded toboggan as it tips it down the hill and left.

Comment

Working...
                        X