X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a jack of all trades

today i had an old time customer call me with a simple toilet problem. managed to fix it in seconds. a flapper chain unhooked.

before i left she had 3 other little projects for me.

the microwave was not working. reprogrammed the child safety lock and all is fine.

hand held shower hose leaking at the head. tighten and test ok.

bathroom electrical outlet intermittent. removed outlet and loose neutral at the back wired push connection. reconnect to the side screw lug.

mattress needed rotating. house keeper and i rotated the mattress.

she lost her husband 2 years ago and looks forward when i show up to fix things.

$50.00 and everyone was happy

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: a jack of all trades

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    today i had an old time customer call me with a simple toilet problem. managed to fix it in seconds. a flapper chain unhooked.

before i left she had 3 other little projects for me.

1. the microwave was not working. reprogrammed the child safety lock and all is fine.

2. hand held shower hose leaking at the head. tighten and test ok.

3. bathroom electrical outlet intermittent. removed outlet and loose neutral at the back wired push connection. reconnect to the side screw lug.

4. mattress needed rotating. house keeper and i rotated the mattress.

she lost her husband 2 years ago and looks forward when i show up to fix things.

$50.00 and everyone was happy

rick.
    Other than your math, great job.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

3 other non plumbing problems

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Jack of all trades master of none eh... just joking sounds like ?* happy client.

Comment

$50?

You really are a good guy. Bravo.

Comment

Better get used to it, Rick. When Phoebe gets older and on her own, it will be an every visit ritual--believe me, I know.

Comment

I guess you felt guilty...

Comment

Rick your the man its the little things some one can do to make people happy and it looks like you do it all the time .
                Good job
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Your microwaves have child safety locks? Never heard of that..

And exactly what do they protect against? Do they sense life inside the mocrowave and not turn on? Or is it something to do with the lock on the door?

Comment

actually none of the above.

it's prevents the timer from turning on. most newer appliances have that option that you program in. my dishwasher and washing machine also have it.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I was thinking Rick, if you are up here in Vancouver BC, and needed something to do, could i sub you out for a week or two to my clients and mark your rate up? But good job though, it makes me think that there is sometimes more to the picture than we see!

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        Rick your the man its the little things some one can do to make people happy and it looks like you do it all the time .
                        Good job
                        Rick we think you are pretty good downunder here too........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great story! You made her day. I've had a few similar experiences with older people and women who live alone. You get called out for a minor plumbing problem, next thing you know you're in the garage changing the oil in the car.. But seriously, they build up these lists of things that annoy them that they can't figure out or fix themselves, then you run through them in fifteen minutes and you're a hero.

Comment

I think she unhooked that flapper chain just to draw Rick in, then she hit
                            him with the full list.

Just kidding of course. Rick, you are the man, and a marketing genius to boot
                            though I am sure that was not your primary reason for helping her out.

You'll get more out of that half hour of good will than a years worth of ads in
                            any medium. That old lady is now telling EVERYONE she runs into for the next
                            3 months how Rick came and fixed all these things for her at minimal cost.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

i've probably worked for her / them for a good 20 years.

it's almost impossible to track the referrals at this point.

one of my best referrals came when my dog/ tyson got out 18 years ago and a neighbor 2 blocks away found him. in return i gave them a free call. the rest is history as they referred me to thier family and friends.

i should get a dog tag that reads, "if found call rick the plumber" free service call with safe return

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X