Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doesn't the hoa dues take care of this?

had an owner of a condo call me to unplug his toilet. he had attempted to unstop it himself the day earlier and managed to wash the floor and closet below.

i attempted to offer him help over the phone and save him a call. he insisted that i come over and fix it for him.

so i head over to his beverly hills 750k. condo and take out my trusty plunger which he already had his 2 in the sink drying.

so a handful of plunges with my grapefruit style plunger and all was flushing. 1/2 roll of paper and a a few flushes i tell him my bill. $57.50 he's like shocked. "doesn't the hoa dues take care of this"

only if it was a common stoppage to other units i reply. but this was a local stoppage and i offered to assist you over the phone. he wrote me the check. i guess he feels that it's a building problem and not his own for plugging his own toilet.

57.50 is not much to pay for me coming there and fixing your plugged toilet.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: doesn't the hoa dues take care of this?

He would of passed out then, from the $90.00 he would of been charged from me.

Comment

Auger toilet, normal hours, $105.
      Pull toilet and get yr daughter's tampon applicator or childs toy out of it, normal hours, $139.
      Off hours add $100.

I will not twist the key on the van for less than $75.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yeah, we'd have started at $70 and worked our way up from there. if he were in any way rude or discourteous it immediately becomes $90
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Yep. had a neighbor call the other day..Plugged toilet , closet augered and could not relieve stoppage on a Sun. Came back the next day and pulled the toilet ..A diffuser for a blow dryer.I couldn't believe that thing made it's way through but it did..She was wondering where the diffuser went.It was catching paper like nobodys business ..Told her if I had been able to clear the blockage with just an auger it would have been a lot less.She understood.
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I would have gotten a 4 hr minimum, after hours the rate doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              I will not twist the key on the van for less than $75.
              Exactly!

Comment

The guy lives in a 3/4 of a million dollar house, and complains about a 57 dollar service charge.

Classic.

Comment

Working...
                X