X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a shoulder to cry on?

today from a business that i've worked at for a good 15 years. the owner 93, a ww2 marine passed away a couple days ago. his office called to inform me as they knew i would want to know.

the funeral is not until 8 days from now. i was asked to attend.

2 days ago i go to a customer i've worked for about 6 years. she's in tears as she thinks she has breast cancer. she had an mri today to confirm along with the biopsy from earlier in the week. i called her tonight and she tells me the bad news.

am i the plumber or the friend to all my customers?

i guess when you treat them all like family, they include you in the family matters.

how close to you get with your clients?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: a shoulder to cry on?

I am pretty close to a lot of my customers, but I always try to keep it to a business relationship, because food still needs to be put on the table, and the lights kept on.

But every morning I check the Obituary online to see if (heaven forbid) any of my customers have passed.

It's nice to have a close relationship with your customers as I believe customers today want that "family feeling" with their contractor.

Comment

Rick how can any one not like your charm
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I had one of my customers call me up in a panic one day because she was changing her will, and needed someone else there to witness her signing it.

Comment

this is the email i got today from his daughter.

i always knew don was quite the marine. this just proved it.

Last Saturday my courageous Marine father moved peacefully into his eternal home. After suffering a 2nd severe stroke several months ago, he is now marching proudly through the streets of Heaven.

His funeral details are given below.

As many of you know, he enlisted in the Marine Corps at the beginning of WWII and advanced through the ranks faster than any Marine in the war, leaving as a Major. He was discharged on paper after the war, but never left the Corps in his heart.

I completely adored and respected my dad. He was a man of impeccable integrity, honor, warmth, generosity and humor. Everyone who knew him, loved him.

Semper Fi, Daddy

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X