X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new customer shows their appreciation

got a 8:15 pm call the other night while watching survivor with joey. of course i wanted to wait till 9 for the show to end. but i took the call and listened in amazement at what his home warranty company was going to do for $1100. not covered as there is no cleanout. they wanted to camera the line, break a hole in the pipe and install a cleanout outside the house. problem is the house is a raised foundation 3 bathroom home all at the same level and the stoppage is only affecting 1 bathroom and the laundry. the other 2 bathroom had no affect on the stopped up bathroom.

why would they install an outside c/o, run a camera from the roof and punch a hole in the line under the house at 8:15pm when the rest of the house is fine? the outside c/o would have no affect on the 1 bathroom and if they can camera a plugged line from the roof, why can't they snake the line from the roof or the toilet?

after trying to diagnose the problem over the phone on a home i've never been to, asking the right questions and determining they were getting taken and misled, i told the owner to have them take a hike and i'll be there the in the morning after 10 as i had another call first and a breakfast with another forum member/ watersurgeon at 8:30.

needless to say, i get there, look around and under the house, ask questions, test the line by getting it to back up. go onto the roof with my k-60 and reverse auger down the 2'' toilet vent and cleared the 3'' line under 45' total bring back some towel paper or wipes. ran a second pass with water running too.

also snaked out a slow tub at the other bathroom and the kitchen as they had a 2'' outside wall c/o.

$185.00 and i was on my way. their 2 kids were home for the day as school was closed and they also helped by winding up my extension cord

come home from work on friday to find a cookie/ brownie gift basket and helium balloon at the front door. with a card from the owner thanking me for helping them out.

so it made me happy and phoebe too

rick

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-01-2011, 11:18 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: a new customer shows their appreciation

You're a hero.

Comment

no he is my hero
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Rick, your diet really needs to change man. It can not be good to live off milkshakes and pastries.

Comment

i don't drink and i don't smoke

a little milk and cookies does a body good

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

When you get gifts from customers it may be a sign that you were too cheap on your pricing.

But I'm happy if Phoebe's happy.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              When you get gifts from customers it may be a sign that you were too cheap on your pricing.

But I'm happy if Phoebe's happy.

J.C.
              He was a friend of Rick's brother from elementary school. There is more to life than trying to make a buck off of everyone you come across. It does the soul good to just do the right thing sometimes.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Rick,about 5 years and 5000 posts ago ,You walked a DUMB GENERAL CONTRACTOR through a root infested lateral repair, on His own home. You've had My respect and friendship ever since!
                I never hear of Your parents,They did an awesome job ! Tool
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  That's because he was raised by wolves!
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    He was a friend of Rick's brother from elementary school. There is more to life than trying to make a buck off of everyone you come across. It does the soul good to just do the right thing sometimes.
                    If you only knew.....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i don't drink and i don't smoke
                      a little milk and cookies does a body good
                      Polar opposites... I smoke like a freight train and drink like a fish.
                      But I avoid milk and cookies like the plague... that $h@t will kill ya.
                      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Rick,about 5 years and 5000 posts ago ,You walked a DUMB GENERAL CONTRACTOR through a root infested lateral repair, on His own home. You've had My respect and friendship ever since!
                        I have met bot of Rick's parents and his mother has done a great job of keeping his father in check. They are both great people but Rick has a lot of his dad in him.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I have met bot of Rick's parents and his mother has done a great job of keeping his father in check. They are both great people but Rick has a lot of his dad in him.

Mark
                          Amazing similarities in family structure.I don't remember hearing anything about Rick's sister.
                          Oh how Phoebe's gonna have a field day with this guy.

Who was it that said "Behind every great man is TWO great women."?
                          We all love ya Spaz.

Comment

Maybe It's Me,but I don't find normal folks much fun
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X