X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaks

On water threads, tape then slic tite. Gas threads all I use is Key-tite no problems YET!

By the way $18.00 for 1/2 pint of slic-tite !! Are you kidding me. I don't pay much attention to the small items, just caught my eye. Gonna shop around. Same supplier charged me $25.00 for a box of 100 latex gloves, when questioned " well not really plumbing material we just have them here for your convenience" WTH!! are you kidding me!

wookie

Comment

This boiler was the first time I ever had a leak on black iron with using dope only. For the last 2 days I had to listen to my father bark in my ear about how he never had a leak on black iron in his career of installing boilers. Just when I thought things would die down today, another customer called today and said she has 2 leaks on the 2 different sinks I installed last week, and I forgot to crimp a Pex ring today. So pop was really singing today!!

I seriously got the Leak virus right now, and I can't shake it.

Comment

+1 on True Blue. The very first Buderus I installed came with a can of True Blue in the parts bag. I was impressed with it and have used it ever since. I was taught to tape then dope. The exception to that rule

is when your threading the pipe into a cast iron boiler (Peerless in this case) then its dope only or you can crack the section. Ask me how I know
        26+6=1

Comment

Working...
        X