X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily things

So for the last 2 days I've been hooking up a kitchen sink. < ---- that's not a typo either.

We got this major kitchen renovation that we have been working on for the last few months, and yesterday it was time for the finish. This renovation is well over $175k if not more, and probably the biggest residential kitchen I ever worked on in my career. You could literally have a baseball catch in this kitchen similar to the movie "brewsters millions".

Double bowl kitchen sink with 2 kitchen faucets (Blanco) and a disposal.

2 dishwashers - I never heard of either dishwasher...one is a Fisher & Paykel double dishwasher, and the other is a Miele. I'm sure you west coasters see these types of dishwashers out there...very rare around here. The Miele has a goofy freaking water hook-up on it...had to think about that one for a second to think about how I was going to hook it up.

The kitchen base cabinet has 2 large pull out drawers underneath, so there is barely enough room for the Plumbing, let alone myself to work in there. Had to strap many things to the wall to keep things out of the way as much as possible. But I was sitting there today thinking.."wtf is taking me so long?". Normally a kitchen hook-up is a half of day for me... but 2 freaking days? This was definitely not a "rush through" type hook up on this job.

Anyways...

We have been busy as hell for the last 2 months, and all of January is booked and most of February. This has been the busiest Nov - Feb that I've seen in a very very long time, and it's to the point in where we are turning work away and some curse words are going back and forth because we simply can't get there.

I hope everyone else is just as busy.
    Last edited by Flux; 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM.
Working...
X