Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably time to be changed

Don't you think?
    Attached Files
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Probably time to be changed

don't tell me it was still flushing and holding water.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      don't tell me it was still flushing and holding water.

rick.
      It flushed until the chain pulled right out of the flapper. It held enough water back for the tank to fill, and then fill again, and again, and again......
      I see this all the time around here. The supposed chlorine resistant flapper gets gummy after just a couple of years. Not just flappers of course. Mansfield tank seals do just that, they seal, to the point that the handle will snap when you try and flush it. And the Am Stan disc? Check out the photo...
      The gummy mess stays on the flush valve seats and requires a good cleaning (I use a scotch brite pad-blue)
      We have excellent water coming out of the aquifer here but then the chemists working for the city have their way with it. I personally think they are adding more chlorine to kill some bug they don't want to tell us about.

Is this common across the country?
      Attached Files
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Oh how I dislike flappers. when I see something in our great Country that fails so often and never gets improved on or the improvement is so scorned by fellow trades men, well it just bugs me.

I don't know of another trade or industry that allows such junk with such a high failure rate to be used. i think the flapper and mounting system for toilets makes our trade look outdated, old fashioned and afraid of change.

I know I'm forgetting something????????

Comment

and i thought you were going to be pushing a bidet on us

there's always the niagra toilet.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X