Frog in toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frog in toilet

I got a call today from a customer about a frog in their toilet & what was I going to about it. We installed a nitrogen reducing septic tank 1-1/2 years ago. We tied into the line from the house & the line from the pump chamber( they have a sand mound), the risers are Poly-Lok risers with the starter riser cast into the top slab & lids are held down with #2 sq. drive screws. They have a 3 yr. service agreement with us where we come out every 6 months to clean the filter & aerator. The last time we serviced it was in May.The toilet with the frog in it is on the 2nd floor. I told her I don't how the frog got in her toilet, but that is not covered in the service aggreement. She told me she could not wait for her husband to come home & that we needed to come out now. I told her that their next service is scheduled for Nov & if the frog is still in there then we would remove it. She told me that she was not happy with our service & would not be renewing the service aggreement I said that is fine with us. What she does not know is the system will back up if it is not serviced regularly. I fiquire it will take about 2 yrs. after the last service for them to be calling us to fix their tank. I will be the only one that will be certified by the state to work on their tank when the new regs. take effect next year. OK rant over. Yes I feel better.

Re: Frog in toilet

Did she actually expect it to be a free service?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      Did she actually expect it to be a free service?
      Yes, 1 hr. drive time each way. Some people want everything for nothing. I don't have time to deal with the totally crazy customers the half crazy ones are keeping us too busy.

Comment

the best frog story was when i was in the amazon with a large group and in the middle of the night you hear a woman screaming. turns out she went to use the toilet in her "hut" and there were frogs swimming in the bowl.

only to topped by the screaming the next night when another couple thought it was raining in their hut and through the mosquito netting. after they shined a light up onto the ceiling to discover it was the bats peeing

probably the most laughs in 3 days, i've had in my life.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
          the best frog story was when i was in the amazon with a large group and in the middle of the night you hear a woman screaming. Turns out she went to use the toilet in her "hut" and there were frogs swimming in the bowl.

Only to topped by the screaming the next night when another couple thought it was raining in their hut and through the mosquito netting. After they shined a light up onto the ceiling to discover it was the bats peeing

Probably the most laughs in 3 days, i've had in my life.

Rick.
          lmao

Comment

got a call a long time ago to a job (before cell phones had cameras) we were working on a panel and the neighbor lady came running into the apartment screaming about a big snake in the bathroom.
            Im used to handling reptiles (including rattlers) so I went over to remove the snake for her.
            what I found was a rather large boa constrictor had crawled in through the sewer (no backflow valves)
            anyhow the snake had killed and swallowed the family small dog (an old and rather obese pug) and was trying to escape back down through the toilet where it came in from.
            she was relieved when we got the snake out of the place but quite upset over the dog.
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Frogs are quite common in my toilet. My house is sorrounded by a lake from two sides so they are very common. At first they scared the hell out of me but now i am used to them. I pick them and throw them away in the lake and then again in the morning the are back.
              Harbor Freight Coupon

Comment

Frog in Toilet such a funny scene.
                Battery Chargers

Comment

Here in Winnipeg we had a homeowner find and remove a squirrel in her toilet bowl. The H/O was saying on radio that she thinks that it may have been a result of the City flushing the water mains in her area.

Guess she didn't think that the squirrel would have to come through the water meter first if somehow it bypassed the larger opening in the fire hydrants that were opened on her block when the lines were flushed.

Winnipeg toilet squirrel confounds plumber - Manitoba - CBC News
                  and
                  Squirrel takes whirl in toilet; woman rescues rodent with barbecue tongs - Winnipeg Free Press

Comment

+Welcome aboard friend, and watch out for those pesky frogs !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

By chance.....any kids in the house?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bingo ! I can tell You're a Dad . A great one I'm sure .
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Actually she has 3 boys & at the time her 5 year old son is the one who found it. I told her it was probably her son who put the frog in the toilet. Typical mother she said her son would not do that. She has actually been a good customer since then. Once she found out the service contract does not cover everything in the world. Our biggest problem now has been electricians wiring the system up. 3 days ago one of my guys went to turn a system on to get the final from the inspector & the control panel blew up. I met the electrician out there & he said the typical response I didn't do any wrong it must be a defective control panel. Well the 1st thing I did was check all of his connections. I thought he may have crossed the hot with the neutral or ground. Nope everything good, so I checked to see if I had any voltage across the neutral & ground. I had 120 volts, I told him you wired up this 110 system to 220. He still denied it until I showed him my meter.

Comment

Working...
                          X