X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you kidding me

had a new customer referral this morning. they complained of a leak behind the dishwasher when the sink was running. they had already removed the dishwasher

i had the customer send me a couple of photos to my phone before i went out there. didn't look good and when i got there i was thinking wtf

the dishwasher hose was shoved into a 1.5'' test tee behind the dishwasher with no air gap or real connection. just the hose into the open tee.

the kitchen sink had a 2'' c/o outside that i snaked from with my k-50 to clear the stoppage.

upon opening the sink cabinet, i was even more shocked to what i found

needless to say, they have some fixing to do. they bought the hose 2 years ago and not sure what the home inspector wrote up. but i wrote up a fix it with some photos attached.

rick.

dishwasher drain running into test tee behind the dishwasher. no air gap or water tight connection.

both compartments are actually trapped. the water is just inches from the strainer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-17-2012, 11:02 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: are you kidding me

AWESOME!. Great Pictures. I have been trying to load some pictures but can't get it to load.
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

No fix for that. Wall cutting time.

Comment

pretty much right.

the dishwasher is about 5' away from the sink. they can drill the cabinets for the 5/8'' hose. remove the soap dispenser from the granite top and install an air gap. the waste needs to get lowered. simple fix, but they've lived with it for 2 years with out a problem they knew of. hopefully they believed what i had to say.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

That Badger 5 won't last for more than a year plumbed like that.

Comment

SOoo creative

Comment

I'm quite baffled by the funny plumbing in the second photo. So the drain pipes are always going to be full of water by the look of things. No trap for the sink on the left but I suppose it is indirectly trapped due to the water that will be always in the pipes.

Comment

I like how they graded the line from the Badger! A lot of folks would look under there and think looks pretty good!
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Rick just propress all the slip joints so it seals.......
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

and I thought we were the only state who had some bad shoemakers around here.

Comment

That is awesome. Never tried that with a disposal... the things we see

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        had a new customer referral this morning. they complained of a leak behind the dishwasher when the sink was running. they had already removed the dishwasher

i had the customer send me a couple of photos to my phone before i went out there. didn't look good and when i got there i was thinking wtf

the dishwasher hose was shoved into a 1.5'' test tee behind the dishwasher with no air gap or real connection. just the hose into the open tee.

the kitchen sink had a 2'' c/o outside that i snaked from with my k-50 to clear the stoppage.

upon opening the sink cabinet, i was even more shocked to what i found

needless to say, they have some fixing to do. they bought the hose 2 years ago and not sure what the home inspector wrote up. but i wrote up a fix it with some photos attached.

rick.

dishwasher drain running into test tee behind the dishwasher. no air gap or water tight connection.

both compartments are actually trapped. the water is just inches from the strainer.
                        Oh this brings back memories. Only problem I had was the client was standing over me when I was looking at another problem and I didnt have camera phone at time. Couldnt go get camera from truck for ethical reasons and other. didnt want to red-face client. Wish I had I-phone back then but oh how similar it looked to these photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          Rick just propress all the slip joints so it seals.......
                          Sharp Cuda, very sharp. I love your way of thinking............................ahahhahahahaha hahahahaha

Comment

one of our wholesalers over here had a stand for interesting things we find. One I saw was a coke bottel inserted and gaffa taped into the line to extend the pipe.

This is what the Big green Shed does for us, encourages HACKS...........!!!!!!!

Comment

Biggest site developer in "a large city West of Orlando" Had one of his guys plumb a remodel on his fishing "shack" on our little island. I was called in when they had a sewer smell. I found 3 full s traps, one abandoned vent in a wall and, on a laundry and lav back to back, the 2" vent for the lav was the inlet for the laundry. He just cut off the VTR and stuck a laundry box on top of it. Wish I took pictures. Not bad for a 2 million dollar property.

Comment

Working...
                              X