Clear All

Re: almost rolled my sprinter

when i use to drive to mammoth to ski.

no 4x4 meant chains required.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

We have some crazy hills like that around here, and let's just say, it's not fun when it snows.

Glad you're ok Rick.

Comment

That's a crazy experience. I know SoCal has hilly places but I did not realize LA had all these steep streets.

Comment

how do they collect garbage or deliver big things like furniture on streets like that?

Comment

1. place garbage at driveway end.
            2. give a good kick to garbage can.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Pizza delivery by helicopter.

Comment

garbage truck is a scaled down version and goes up the hill backwards to keep from turning around at the top. reverse is the lowest gear on most vehicles. not sure about a garbage truck.

moving companies park at the bottom and shuttle the stuff on a flat bed truck.

this particular street is probably only for 20 or so homes. but there are several streets that are similar around the area.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ice or even wet and i would have never been there in the first place. only made it up the first 200-300' and then figured out how to go around the side streets and come down.

had i parked on the street and chocked the wheels, the jetter pump and engine would have been too much of a slope to properly operate and oil.

next time i see one like this, i pass on it.

glad mark was there for support and steve for a tow.

maybe i'll go back in my tahoe for the fun of it with joey and phoebe. phoebe will be laughing and joey shouting on the way up.

what surprises me is there is only a single guard rail at the bottom of the stop sign. then onto the freeway embankment if you fail.

i'll stick to steep roofs with my k-60. it's safer

rick.
                  Rick I think the amazing thing is that people actually want to live in places like this.
                  Also town planners allow this to happen as well. Where is the common sense in this????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                    Pizza delivery by helicopter.
                    Would need a turbo-charged bike for the newspaper boy hey...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                      Rick I think the amazing thing is that people actually want to live in places like this.
                      Also town planners allow this to happen as well. Where is the common sense in this????????????????
                      this house goes back to 1908. the neighborhood has a series of streets around that are similar 32- 33% grade.

now present city code is no street greater than 15 % grade.

the view is amazing.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Wow................!!!

One would hope that commkon sense has prevailed over fear of litigation. sorry the cynic in me escapes so easily. Down under we have councils here who are too scared to sign off for fear of retribution from the community when sensitive projects or other come up.

Comment

Working...
                        X