X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day in bevery hills not to be forgotten

today I had 3 Beverly hills encounters not to be forgotten anytime soon.

had a call from another plumber that a toilet they went to fix in a pool house bathroom actually had a plant/ roots growing out of the bowl of a 1 pc. kohler toilet. they had already removed the toilet and couldn't get through the closet bend full of roots. owner tells me they will be home soon and to just park in the rear alley which is literally just 10' from the pool house i'm working. house keeper meets me at the rear gate to unlock and I go ahead to snake the line with success. 10 minutes into it, i'm ready to go put my timberwolf and cables back in my truck. 2 Beverly hills cops and 2 police cars are surrounding my van and 1 cop is looking in the windows. I open the alley gate and was surprised to see them. I ask them if there's a problem with me parking there as I was only there for 10 minutes and not blocking the ally access. there's even a work truck 1 door behind me sticking out into the roadway more than me. after they check my id and compare it to the registration they tell me they were called by a neighbor as a suspected burglar. incredible they can show up in force within minutes. other than taking down my name, they left and I went onto my next Beverly hills job.

next job I was called to snake a shower and asked to check the 3 water heaters on the roof of the 3 story 3 unit condo building. so I go up the elevator with the owner and then into the unit where the heaters are located. walk up to the rooftop deck with both owners and go to check the heaters.

door #1 heater was dry. door #2 heater had a dripping pressure relief valve.

and door #3 dam near knocked me out. I opened the 36'' solid core door and it literally pulled off the hinges. it fell from the door jam and struck me right in the forehead. instantly I cover my head with my hand and blood is dripping off my hand onto the roof deck. both owners were there and got me some wipes to apply pressure with. managed to slow the bleeding and called joey to tell her I might need stitches. she has no idea what happened to me at this point. I then texted her a photo so she can forward it to her brother for a better look. he's an er dr. in Houston. took some photos of the door and hinges to document the screws that pulled out. then put the door back in the opening to seal the heater and told the owner to keep the kids away from it. even blocked it with a portable table they had there. then went down and managed to clear the shower stoppage. texted another customer of mine that's a plastic surgeon just down the street to see if he could look at it.

so 6 stitches later and i'm good to go.

didn't take joey and phoebe to dinner tonight in Beverly hills. seen too much of it today. we went to culver city instead with no issues.

there's no shortage of Beverly hills police or Beverly hills plastic surgeons. i'm sure there are plenty of Beverly hills lawyers too. lets hope I don't need 1.

so who want's to ride shotgun next week?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: A day in bevery hills not to be forgotten

I will if you pay my airfare there and back.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

"
      "so who want's to ride shotgun next week?" Sounds like a job for me!!:smile old: I even have my own coach gun.

Comment

Interesting stories Rick but what you need is a good lawyer, not someone to ride shotgun! I see gross negligence, loss of services as a husband, years of therapy to undo that near death event. Probably a class action lawsuit as all your friends on the Forum have suffered after reading the upsetting details. I'm sure none of us can erase the picture of all that blood, the horror. Seriously, glad you are okay, and still manned up to take your family out to dinner.

Comment

Honestly just looking to cover the dr. Bill and the few hours of lost wages at the dr. And follow up appointment. Not looking to cash out. Condo contact sent me the name of the management co to send the bill to. Never knew I needed a hard hat to do service work.

Phoebe was asking what happened dada, when she saw me after the dr. She kissed it to make it feel better. Had it happend 24 hours earlier, I could have gone as Frankenstein for Halloween. That is if I wasn't in jail first.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Glad your ok, you could have your own reality show, have you tried calling one of the networks and selling them on filming your life,

Adventures of The Beverley Hills Plumber
            Last edited by BHD; 11-02-2013, 10:15 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I already make dirty movies. Just not sure if I would want to star in 1 and people would watch. Hard enough to get them to watch my sewer videos. Use to supply a bag of microwavable popcorn with every video.

Didn't you catch my 15 minutes of fame back in 1991 when I was on americas funniest people and came in 3rd. Somewhere it's still airing as people still tell me they've seen that episode. Not sure if I can find a link to the show, but it also made it on the seasons best. Even had a promo in the tv guide.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

SO Sorry about the door Rick, all i had in the van was 1 1/4" drywall screws ! I was afraid #3 was a blocked toilet at LAX , BLESS THEM ALL !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Interesting stories Rick but what you need is a good lawyer, not someone to ride shotgun! I see gross negligence, loss of services as a husband, years of therapy to undo that near death event. Probably a class action lawsuit as all your friends on the Forum have suffered after reading the upsetting details. I'm sure none of us can erase the picture of all that blood, the horror. Seriously, glad you are okay, and still manned up to take your family out to dinner.
                  Frank, you've switched sides. Aren't these all the things you speak against time and again?
                  I know you're joking and so am I, but truthfully there are many who wouldabuse the system in the manner you suggest.

At any rate, glad you were not more seriously injuried Rick and wishing you a speedy recovery.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    I already make dirty movies. Just not sure if I would want to star in 1 and people would watch. Hard enough to get them to watch my sewer videos. Use to supply a bag of microwavable popcorn with every video.

Didn't you catch my 15 minutes of fame back in 1991 when I was on americas funniest people and came in 3rd. Somewhere it's still airing as people still tell me they've seen that episode. Not sure if I can find a link to the show, but it also made it on the seasons best. Even had a promo in the tv guide.

Rick.
                    I don't remember you evermentioning this before Rick, I must have missed it.
                    Now I gotta have that link to watch the video.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Without pictures, it didn't really happen.

Actually, I was just leaving Las Vegas to head back to LA and Joey called in a panic and asked me to check in on you. With that little injury I would have told you to mark it with a keel and fix it when you got home.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just watch now the property management company will require ALL the trades to wear hart hats when doing anything on their properties.

I was in a downtown office building this week for a medical appointment and the painters were in reflective vests and hard hats painting the walls in the elevator lobby.

Comment

10 stitches and under get Duck Tape instead !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

And no pics?....

Comment

Great God Almighty Rick!!!!!

Im sure glad youre OK!!!

You earned your money today brother,,,

Please be careful out there,,,I hate to say it but L.A Cops scare the living bee Jesus out of me,,,I keep my hands on the steering wheel and talk "real slow and friendly like"
                              before I make any moves,,,if I have time ,,Ill put my license in my hand ,,while Im holding the steering wheel,,,,,

I just want to get home alive to my wife and kids and not n=be a statistic

Take care Rick ,,,again glad your OK

Dave Doyle
                              Monrovia Ca

Comment

Working...
                              X