Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS MIGHT GROSS SOME OUT, BUT IT'S HOW I GET IT DONE

I've warned you. so don't blame me if you no longer eat shrimp or sushi

yesterday i had a surgical procedure to remove a cyst from my chest that's been there a good 5 years or more. nothing serious, but it did require a surgeon and several stitches to close up. point being is, i was suppose to take some time off to let it heal and not lift or stress it. problem was it's hard to sit home when trouble calls.

good news is ridgid tools take the stress and heavy lifting away. plus it gave me a chance to let 2 different people come out and play with the cool tools.

so my first job less than 24 hours after getting stitched up i was already snaking a sewer stoppage with the k-60. let my buddy give it a spin and learn the ropes.

next job soon after was a large leak under a crawl space on a 1/2'' copper line. not knowing how wet or how tight of a crawl, i called another buddy to meet me there. he had never see a propress in action. now he wants 1.

so even while i'm suppose to be resting, my ridgid tools saved the day for 2 customers and also sold themselves for 2 plumbers that got a chance to see them in action. not bad for taking the day off.

here it is.

Rick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	18632 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM02260.jpg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	18634 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM02255.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	18633
    ouch.
    the pin hole in the 1/2'' line.
    repaired in 10 minutes from start to finish.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-31-2014, 01:40 AM.
    phoebe it is

Recirc. on the W.H. ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
      PLUMBER RICK commented
      Editing a comment
      yes. it's the far return end of the line. they claim it's only 7 years old, but it's a mess of steel/ copper and abs cast under that house. with all the old scrap just laying there. they are now convinced they were taken to the cleaners.

Rick.

glad it was not really serious, and your doing OK, glad you had some one to call on to help you out in your time of need,

Really I am surprised you did not use the Ridgid Filet knife. http://www.ridgidgear.com/Realtree-F...ath_p_481.html to remove that your self, and use some super glue and duct tape to close with,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

actually i wanted my buddies son who was a first year medical student to cut it out at his dads office. now he is doing his residency and wants to be a surgeon. small world as he was also a college student volunteer at joeys brothers hospital and worked with him in the er. nothing like being able to tell my buddy that the plumber got your son into medical school. i've been their friends since he was around 9. met them first in the early 90's when they had a sewer problem and were already digging in the wrong spot. saved the day and have been great family friends for going on over 23 years.

believe me, ive used pins, needles and razor blades to dig stuff out in the past. this was just a little deeper than i can handle.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

You woulda made a great Marine Rick. simper fi
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No he wouldn't.....all I heard for the last 2 weeks was how scared he was and how serious the operation was. lmfao!
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            ask joey. i never flinched and talked seweroscopies to the surgeon the whole time. only problem i had was when she finished, after i took the photo, i started to feel hot and sweaty. they say it happens to a lot of patients with a drop in blood pressure. 4 little apple juice boxes and i was all good. i had not had anything to eat or drink from 14 hours earlier. joey better not lie today when we see you and the gang.

rick.

Ben , Air force ? FKN WING WIPERS !!

Comment

I looks like shrimp
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Thanks Charlie. You always got my back Except at amusement parks and this one. You got my chest

How's the shoulder doing.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                I looks like shrimp
                My first impression as well.

Comment

Rick , did it taste like shrimp ???

Comment

I hope not. Im not into fish, shrimp or sushi. But after sending that photo out to another plumbing buddy, neither is he now

the only thing they gave me was some cartons of apple juice at the end. I was hot and sweaty after the photo.

i did manage to still play softball sunday. Just 3 days after. Still looks like its not torn open. The dressing is not discolored. Phoebe even put her disney bandage over the top to make it feel better

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

so roughly 96 hours after the procedure, i removed the water tight bandage. the Dr. did a great job, or i heal very good. can't even see the stitches and the scar is minimal.

i guess the forest is also growing back too

Name:	CAM02287.jpg
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	18644

just a little bruising and some tenderness to the touch. but 4 days is amazing and without officially taking a day off.

Rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

• Plumber Punky
                        Plumber Punky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        we REALLY don't need to see pictures of your vasectomy!

• ToUtahNow
                        ToUtahNow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SISSY!!!!!!

Thought of you last night while grilling Rick. Was funny.. the package said the shrimp were packaged in LA. I didn't think Shrimp were that common out there. Oh well tasted good.

Name:	shrimp.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	675.5 KB
ID:	18651
                      Attached Files

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                        PLUMBER RICK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Better check if they were packaged on may 29th. Before that, I have nothing to do with it. But the 29th you never know.

Phoebe and I ate Dodger Dogs last night. Who knows what's in them?

You sure LA isn't Louisiana?

Rick.
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-04-2014, 07:54 AM.

• Cleanmen2
                        Cleanmen2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Another famous invention of your Australian Cousins guys. Throw another shrimp on the barby..................

I had a few removed years back. The doc. just used a pair of scissors to gut them out, after I was stitched up he put it in a bottle of alcohol and give it to me to take to the hospital lab to have it checked, felt kind of odd carrying part of me in a bottle walking around the hospital asking where the lab was. I guess things change. Just glad to hear your doing ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X