Pipe bursting prep setup.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe bursting prep setup.

prepped for a pipe bursting job that required me to core drill a 7'' hole under the house to allow the bursting head to pass through the foundation. used my smaller coring setup as dragging my monster setup under the house was not going to be fun. all went well except when i hit a piece of rebar on the edge of the hole. so instead of cross cutting the 1/2'' bar top and bottom, i ended up having to rip the bar approx 3''. my smaller machine in low gear is rated for 6'' and i was pushing it at 7'' plus the rebar.

today is the bursting job that consist of a 35' pull from under the house, through the wall, then under a tiled patio where it 45's and continues to the sidewalk at 45'' deep. ground is full of roots and hard rocky fill. pipe was all broken on the bottom and was only getting worse. i have maintained this line since 2004 once per year, but now it's history as it's beyond routine cleaning.

Rick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM02539.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	18741
    cutting the line close to the wall to allow the 7'' core bit to clear the pipe.

Name:	CAM02538.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	18742

1/2'' anchor bolt to attach my coring stand.

Name:	CAM02540.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	18743

7'' hole with minimal water.

Name:	CAM02542.jpg
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	18744

ripping the 1/2'' rebar at the left side of core.

Name:	CAM02543.jpg
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	18745

front of house next to sidewalk with the hole dug and protected overnight. approx 4' long. 2.5' wide and 4' deep.
    phoebe it is

Now come on we want a full commentary movie not still photos of the whole project surly the misses can hold the camera

Tony

Comment

I never got into coring, always bring in the pros, but I know several plumbing contractors that do their own. Have fun with the pull.

David

Comment

here are a few photos of the bursting job.

rick.

Name:	CAM02560.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	18759
        40' all prepped and fused being pulled through the new 7' cored hole.

Name:	CAM02561.jpg
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	18760

bursting head that pulled into the pit.

Name:	CAM02553.jpg
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	18761
        pulling pit with square front wall. this is very critical to get the machine to stay put and not creep sideways. shoring is also important to keep from pulling into the dirt wall.

Name:	CAM02554.jpg
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	18762

a look into the pipe prior to the pull. this was the good stuff. under the patio was all broken up on the bottom.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-13-2014, 10:25 AM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Did you camera the patio section after the pull? I ask because if there is no bottom in the pipe they will sometimes belly there because there is no resistance on the bottom then the pipe bumps up when it gets to good pipe.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

it looked fine as there was a 45 turn in the first 4' so the pipe took a new course with the new long sweep 45. amazing how it really shortened up the original camera distance with the new path.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

here is a sample i showed the homeowner when he got back home. it's a butt fused piece that is 3'' long that's been run over by a truck tire and flattened, then rerun to flatten it the other way, then flattened again. this shows the weld is not going to break.

Rick.

Name:	CAM02565.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	18763
              4'' hdpe pipe being flattened at the butt fusion joint.

Name:	CAM02566.jpg
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	18764

pipe and weld still in tact. didn't break or split.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X