Still going strong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still going strong

Had a day with different task starting with an optometry appointment . Finally giving up the $10. Readers to a real eye glass progressive lens Yes, I'm getting older and the arms aren't long enough to focus on the closeup reading. But that hasn't slowed me up from a hard day's work.

First job was a camera inspection jetting.

Next was Core drilling a curb to extend an area drain for another company.

Then a quick stop for lunch at Pink's

Then jetting a 120' of 6" storm drain that's was a combination of cast, Orangeburg, Abs, and SDR 35. The line was in a non draining condition and 2 hours later I had a collection of roots. Sand, mud, balls, cans, bottles and even an old school 6 pack plastic holder.

Then off to a final sewer stoppage with the timberwolf

So at 53, I'm still going strong and not slowing up anytime soon

Rick
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-02-2017, 09:29 AM.
    phoebe it is

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170131_161905372.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	714485Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170131_140508709.jpg
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	714486Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170131_140514809.jpg
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	714487Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170131_110808928.jpg
Size:	4.00 MB
ID:	714488Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170131_113741349.jpg
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	714489
    phoebe it is

Comment

Just keep in mind, it only takes one OOPS to change all of that.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That's good but I agree with Mark - not just with an accident but also a physical injury like a back injury that could happen suddenly and cause problems for you down the road. Hopefully that will never happen. I know of guys working in the stone and masonry trades who have issues after many years of doing that kind of work - the stuff is heavy and hard on the body over time.

Comment

Go man Go ...

Comment

GO Rick, it was not until my mid to later 50's that I really started going down hill,

this last fall, I put in a fence (about 1 1/2 miles), use the tractor and post pounder on the 70 to 80 wood posts, , and an air driven pounder for the 200 or so tee posts, thus a lot of reduced labor, but just getting in and out of the tractor cab and the pick up truck, some how ended up with a bulged disk in my back, that shut me down for about 2 months, and then about two weeks ago I was in the shop running the drill press, and a rib on my back side went out that took about a week to go again,

so hope you do not start falling apart, any time soon, it's no fun, LOL,

hope you like the progressive lens, I could not stand them, so I use bifocals, really need tri lens, now,

Keep up the good work,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

53, you're just a kid !
              Come back and see me in 9 or 10 years.

But seriously, keep working and stay active as long as you can but put an extra pinch of caution
              in all your work plans. You're not as resilient as you used to be and won't heal as fast so better
              to not get an injury in the first place.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

I wish you warned me about that 6 months ago when i was just learning on my mini segway. Joey and Phoebe were out of town and i bought the mini segway on amazon when they had that 1 day special. I was doing great until i attempted to jump over a 1.5'' high concrete offset at a driveway approach. my mistake was when i stopped and then tried going over it from a stand still. all i remember was my legs were higher than my head and my A$$ and elbow hitting the concrete at the same time. i must have been 4' off the ground. thought i broke them both. got up, picked up my toy, walked it home from the neighbors driveway, started up the jacuzzi tub. then attempted to play softball a couple hours later. it took months to finally feel better.

fortunately, i've mastered the mini which is similar to a hoverboard, but much safer all around. Phoebe and i go for early morning Sunday rides about 1.5miles round trip for donuts, and bagels before Joey gets up. Phoebe rides her bike or scooter.

So yes, falling on concrete at 53 was not fun. But it was my first fall and so far my last in 103 miles

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Me 2 at 74 Years. Keep WORKIN GUYS.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

• Bob D.
                    Bob D. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Keep going Tool, we'll all try to keep up. I hope I can say the same when I am 74.
                    I've already had a main pump rebuild and four supply lines hydro-lazed. Hopefully
                    nothing more but you never know.

Thanks Bob ,N God Bless
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                  X