At the Car Wash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the Car Wash

My customer is days away from opening up another car wash. He built it from the dirt up. Was there today to figure out an issue with his 24 station vacuum system that runs on 2 - 40 hp motors with 2- 6" suction lines. I guess during construction, the homeless decided to use the underground piping as their trash can.
    camered the 90' line to find a pair of shoes, spray can, rags and even the security top on an alcoholic bottle. Pretty simple to remove with the use of my camera and the vacuum running.

While I was there, I admired the clean stainless steel hydraulic lines installed with a bender.

Lots of Reverse Osmosis water to keep from spotting and lots of air lines running the soap tanks.

Real specialty work to get it right.

Even flew my drone above and into the 115' long tunnel.

Rick.

Looking down the partial equipment row.
    ​​​​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180501_142123365.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	730270​​

1 of 2 -40hp vacuum motors. These run through a giant cyclone separator to catch large debris and lots of coins , pens and pencils.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180501_142113969.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	730271​​
    10,000 gallons per day reverse osmosis unit feeding into 2 -1500 gal. Storage tanks. This is used for final rinse to prevent spotting.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180501_141929655.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	730272​​
    Nicey bent stainless tubing for the hydraulic motors
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180501_141906063.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	730273​​
    Soap dispensers and lots of air regulators to keep things running. Including the air cylinder to tension up the roller chains for the track. ​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180501_141721243.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	730274​​
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-03-2018, 01:57 AM.
    phoebe it is

Your pictures don't show up.

Comment

Very clean work, I wonder if those guys that install it do everything, that would be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightyservant View Post
      Very clean work, I wonder if those guys that install it do everything, that would be a lot of fun.
      These panels come pre fabed from factory. Usually all they have to do is connect city water and pipes to the equipment.

City water treatment now in my city are pre fabed in crates, not much work for plumbers or fitters on those.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        The large soap manifold with regulators is built offsite by the supplier. But all that stainless tubing is cut and bent at the jobsite once all the equipment is put into position. The majority of the equipment is hydraulic since it's smaller and holds up better to the wet environment. The blowers for drying are 15- 10 hp high velocity fans.that get hung and all the electrical is then piped to the panels and fan motors. 800 amp 480 volt service.

Rick.

That would make sense, there is more work on the fasteners than the plumbing and electrical. The logistics of keeping all those nuts, bolts, washers, straps, strut can wear you out let alone installing the pipe and wiring. Putting that together in a nice conditioned space with assembly tables would be sweet at least once.

Comment

Working...
      X