Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WARNING - Bank of America - WARNING

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Sadly I had someone hack my Ebay password from me last month.

Then he used my account to post 200 items for auction. Mostly new DVD movies for $20 less than everyone else.

Ebay caught him and cancelled the auctions before I even knew about it.

Apparently they know that I only use my account to purchase tools and not sell discount DVDs. Pretty cool.

Luckily I keep a super duper secret password for my PayPal account or my bank account would have been toast
    Wow,

I would have been worried if i were you,

Luckily my password are croatian words and numbers with paypal

Only my dad would probably know it,he doesnt speak english though and is all the wy back in europe

But hacking into someones computer and stealing all the info on it is the whole different story

mrs westocoast
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      GUYS...DON'T click that...sorry Sandy...I got a prompt from my firewall that it was attempting to install something.
      Hey DuckButter! Sorry about that! It's a legit link, as I went to the DOJ site to find their reporting information. I don't know where the "install something" is coming from...maybe some java they have on the site. I didn't get any installation warnings. I don't blame anyone one bit for not following a link that tries to install stuff, so just go to their website and search for yourselves.

To find the information, usdoj.gov is their address. There really is some useful information there.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how random your password may be. These guys aren't brute-force hacking. There's a trojan out called Payrob.A that will start searching for the passwords on your computer, save them to a file, then when the hacker connects to your computer, they'll just grab that file and they have all the information. They don't need to guess at the pw. To check for Payrob.A infection, search for a file called modeexpinovo.txt in your temporary internet folders. This file name may change in the future, but for now (according to Panda Software Labs) that's the name. If you have that file, delete it and start scanning your system for trojans. Make sure your AntiVirus is up to date. You will want to notify PayPal, your bank, and EBay that you have been infected. Immediately change your passwords (after getting rid of the virus) on all of your bank/financial websites.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Remember the good old days? I'd take a very large, bad sob to take a little of my cash (at GREAT risk to his own well being), but now, a 12 year old with a computer can clean you out and you won't know it until it's too late. The really sad part is that it is not as easy of a revenue stream as a traffic violation, so not much gets investigated at the local level.
          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X