Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever get sick after working on water lines?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get sick after working on water lines?

I suggest all of you download and save a copy of this article (PDF format) about Legionella and plumbing.

The next time you are sick a day or so after working a job, pull this out and re-read it and then decide if you should go see your doctor and asked to be tested (simple blood test).

http://www.asse-plumbing.org/Plumbin...ella&Plbrs.pdf

7/4/08 Since the above link is no longer valid I did a search and found this related article:
    http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbv...egionnaire.asp
    Last edited by Bob D.; 07-04-2008, 10:10 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Ever get sick after working on water lines?

Great! Thanks, Bob

Just one more thing I need to worry about while at work.

You can follow all the safety precautions in the world and still get sick or injured from something.

I can't do my job working from a plastic bubble suit.

I work with service plumbers that miss 30-40 days a year because of illnesses. I figure my immune system is pretty healthy, rarely miss a day of work.

Now excuse me while I go soak all my showerheads in chlorine

Comment

Morning PC, yes its true that PPE is a PITA and does affect your productivity and comfort. I'm not promoting the use of bubble suits or any such precautions, just saying that if you do feel ill to consider it may be more than the common cold or flu.

OTOH, if we apply the wisdom of Brooke Shields to this, we can clearly see that use of PPE is preferable to the alternative.

Anti-smoking spokesperson Brooke Shields:
      "Smoking kills, and if you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

I don't think I have ever looked towards Brook Shields for one of life's lessons but she does make a good point. She did entice me to purchase a pair of Calvin Klein jeans many years ago

I'll print up a copy of the article and post it in the shop. This should bring some interesting discussions.
        Last edited by plumberscrack; 12-22-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

"I don't think I have ever looked towards Brook Shields for one of life's lessons"

I don't either, this was supposed to be a funny quote, not mistaken for any resemblance to intelligence on her part.
          ---------------
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

i lost 3 weeks work and about 15 pounds from legionella last spring from working on an ac systems. docs kept telling me i developed adult asma, but after the second trip in an ambulance they tested further
            how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
              i lost 3 weeks work and about 15 pounds from legionella last spring from working on an ac systems. docs kept telling me i developed adult asma, but after the second trip in an ambulance they tested further

Indoor or outdoor units? just out of curiosity
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I've been wearing gloves constantly since 92'.

Never will I work without them, ever.

I probably have the softest/cleanest hands in this group here. That doesn't mean I don't have scars though.

With my second business I am really concerned in regards to this topic matter. If I don't play devil's advocate and think about the what ifs, I could easily get sued in the millions.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

indoor
                  how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Working...
                  X