Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've been shot!!!!

Hope you get better soon Ben

Figures Rick would bring up the arm wresting. I think you could still take him even if the nail was still in your arm

And Ben you are not fat at all just as I am sure the Navy has the same weight requirement as the Air Force does.

Next time make sure you have on the safty glasses also. When doing volunteer work you may be careful but you do have to woory about every other yahoo on the job. If you go blind there wont be a need to do any extra activities at the next round up. If you know what I mean.

Comment

Glad your alright.

Comment

So I guess this means Ben wins the "Don't be THAT guy" award for the year.

I like the ER pics. I can almost hear it now. "Doc, can you move to the left just a bit? Your blocking the shot."
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This reminds me of the framers in new construction at lunchtime would wire the safety back on their nail guns and take bets who could hit the squirrels off the power lines outside. At least that's what I heard.
          why would you wire them back you can jsut hold it with your fingers, and shoot all the strays you want,

And I thought the policy jsut to pull the nail and put a pieces of paper towel on it and tape it on with electrical tape, to get back to work.

What in the heck is the ER thing,

had a friend who did nearly the same as you did a few months, and stuck a nail in his arm.

my son had a friend who was roofing and he was walking along the roof with his hand on the trigger and shot three of the roofing nails with the wire into his leg, he said they really felt good getting pulled back out with the wire barbs on them yet.

when I got a nail in my hand I was nailing blocking in a wall, and was holding the blocking and shot a nail into the stud the corner of the stud split off and the edge of the blocking did the same (two freak things) and the nail entered the palm of my hand and exited behind my thumb, with the point sticking out kinda on the back side of my hand. (my hand was back 10" or so from the point of nailing),

I pulled the nail out and got some paper towel and some electric tape and bandaged it and keep working, watched it for a few days to make sure there was not any internal infection and all healed well, I did not save the nail.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

GLAD YOU ARE OK ! !
            SORRY TO BE THE LAST TO WISH YOU WELL
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Gear Junkie,
              Glad things turned out as good as they did. Could have been a lot worse, but I'm sure that was no fun. Heal fast, work safely.
              Jim

Comment

Ben, Glad to see that your alright, Did the doctor grab his RIDGID channel locks to pull that nail out. A friend of mine owns a Framing company and he had hired a kid to help during the busy season, the first day on the job the kid nailed his big toe to the floor. He had the kid take the claw end of the hammer and pull the nail out of his own toe. The kid did as he told him and he went back to work, at the end of the day he paid the kid for the days work and told him that he did not work out for the position and not to come back. The kid never did file a claim against him!! Anyways take care of that arm and hope you feel better soon.
                ________
                JUGALETTES
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:11 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                  Ben, Glad to see that your alright, Did the doctor grab his RIDGID channel locks to pull that nail out. A friend of mine owns a Framing company and he had hired a kid to help during the busy season, the first day on the job the kid nailed his big toe to the floor. He had the kid take the claw end of the hammer and pull the nail out of his own toe. The kid did as he told him and he went back to work, at the end of the day he paid the kid for the days work and told him that he did not work out for the position and not to come back. The kid never did file a claim against him!! Anyways take care of that arm and hope you feel better soon.
                  Holy crap!
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Just saw this thread. Glad your ok.

J.C.

Comment

Just an update. Been talking very closely to the folks at hitachi and the reason why the accident happened is that round nailheads were used instead of clipped nailheads. They're making sure they properly label their tools so this doesn't happen again.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Just an update. Been talking very closely to the folks at hitachi and the reason why the accident happened is that round nailheads were used instead of clipped nailheads. They're making sure they properly label their tools so this doesn't happen again.
                        Where does the operator error figure into this?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

It doesn't. The gun was being used in a safe manner but we had no way of knowing that the wrong nail heads were being used and the gun never had a label stating as such.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You kids with this body piercing stuff.... always trying to outdo the other guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              It doesn't. The gun was being used in a safe manner but we had no way of knowing that the wrong nail heads were being used and the gun never had a label stating as such.
                              We thought the guy hit the trigger when it wasn't pointed down. So are they paying your medical bills?
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

You kids with this body piercing stuff.... always trying to outdo the other guy!!!
                                ouch!
                                Jack McManus
                                Schumacher Homes

Comment

Working...
                                X