clic readers as safety glasses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clic readers as safety glasses?

You may have seen these on this old house. I think Tom has a pair.

I,as many of you aging Woodstockers, notice it seems all print has become smaller!
    As many projects are "fuzzy" until you put on cheaters aka reading glasses.
    Or, you have those clever stick on lenses to make your safety glasses a
    bifocal style!

I know the clic readers use a poly carbon material for their lenses. They do carry a medical safety version but they do not come in any magnification styles.

Go to say, Amazon.com and type in clic readers and you can see what they are.

I have tried to get information regarding these glasses being used as safety glasses, but have not had a reply yet.

Any of you using these glasses?
    I'm interested in any user comments.

disclaimer: I do not work for clic readers, or sell them. I am simply a consumer.

Cactus Man

Re: clic readers as safety glasses?

They have safety glasses with cheaters on the bottom of the lens and also on the top of the lens for looking up . They come in different strengths. I saw them on line at lab safety for 14.00

Comment

I just received a pair of clic readers. The concept is indeed quite clever.
      BUT! I really doubt they are very practical. I adjusted them and never did get the glasses
      to sit comfortably on the bridge of my nose. I even lowered them like "granny" would do and then the magnets did not hold. The way they hang over your neck when not being used is also awkward..or maybe I just need to get used to them?

I do believe I have a "real" pair and not a knock off.

The frames are 1/2 size so perhaps that's why I'm having challenges with them.

I just might order a full round lens design and get their "extra long" to determine if there is any difference.

So for now I'm back to the bifocal safety glasses I'm comfortable with.

It would be nice if they offered a bifocal type lens. with the half frame I'm finding it very
      uncomfortable to try and look above them when I don't need the magnification.

Oh well, I tried them.

Cactus Man

Comment

Stylish glasses
        These are sleek stylish glasses for a sleek stylish person. The gunmetal and black is a striking combination and the stripy plastic tips give a Paul Smith edge to them.. The shape and style is strong and minimal, with only a little bit of the rim being open they feel very durable and long lasting glasses with adjustable nose pads for extra comfort.

Comment

Welcome to daisyeyewear.com
          Welcome to Daisyeyewear. Here you will find an extensive range of cheap glassesrl] in different shapes, sizes and colours. The cheap glasses we have collected and now present to you are the best of the best and we hope that you will find your perfect match. Look out for different features in the glasses, available from Daisyeyewear and see the benefits of them such as; polarised glasses to reduce glare. If you feel overwhelmed by the choice of cheap glasses, do not hesitate to contact us for help and advice. Daisyeyewear. feel that everyone should enjoy the experience of owning designer glasses and therefore the prices of cheap glasses are competitive not just for the UK, but worldwide too. Browse through Daisyeyewear.’s range of cheap glasses and decide which are the perfect match for you…or if it is a gift you are looking for let us know and we will be sure to help!

Comment

If you want/need prescription correction in safety glasses you need to start with a proper frame and then have lenses fitted to them. The lenses need to pass tests for impact resistance. This is where it will pay to visit a good Optician and not the 1 hour dumps.

Another option I make use of is to wear goggles (that fit over glasses) or a full face shield along with prescription glasses.

Comment

If it's not marked as Z87.1 compliant, it's NOT protective eyewear.
              OSHA 29CFR 1926.102 - Eye and face protection.

1910.133(b) Criteria for protective eye and face devices.

1910.133(b)(1) Protective eye and face devices purchased after July 5, 1994 shall comply with ANSI Z87.1-1989, "American National Standard Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection," which is incorporated by reference as specified in Sec. 1910.6.

1910.133(b)(2) Eye and face protective devices purchased before July 5, 1994 shall comply with the ANSI "USA standard for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection," Z87.1-1968, which is incorporated by reference as specified in Sec. 1910.6, or shall be demonstrated by the employer to be equally effective.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                If you want/need prescription correction in safety glasses you need to start with a proper frame and then have lenses fitted to them. The lenses need to pass tests for impact resistance. This is where it will pay to visit a good Optician and not the 1 hour dumps.

Another option I make use of is to wear goggles (that fit over glasses) or a full face shield along with prescription glasses.
                It is also possible to take a pair of good safety glasses frames and have safety lenses to your RX made to fit. I had a friend who did this with some nice polycarbonate frames that he said felt more comfortable to him than any others he had worn.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Stylish glasses
                  These are sleek stylish glasses for a sleek stylish person. The gunmetal and black is a striking combination and the stripy plastic tips give a Paul Smith edge to them.. The shape and style is strong and minimal, with only a little bit of the rim being open they feel very durable and long lasting glasses with adjustable nose pads for extra comfort.

Comment

How to select the frame that matches your skin tone?
                    People always choose the glasses frames that they find nice-looking. There are no certain rules to follow. Generally there are two types of colors – orange-based warm colors and blue-based cool colors. Most of people like choosing the frames that match their skin tones to show their personalities.
                    (1) How to select the frame that matches your skins tone?
                    Generally speaking, whether to choose a light or dark frame depends on what your skin tone is. Choosing a frame color that is consistent with your skin tone is always safe. For example, pink, gold and silver are suitable for pale skins, and darker skins should choose the red or black ones. Shell can go with both.
                    (2) How to select the frame that matches your age? Cool colors are not suitable for elderly people. For those people purple and red are recommended for plastic or plank material frames and gold, silver and titanium white are recommended for the metal ones. Young people always go after the trends, so there are no limitations on the color choices. They can choose any color they want and it won’t look over the top on them. Lastly, the light frames are suitable for kids because the dark frames will look too mature on them.
                    There is no always a rule. People have their own personalities and sometimes that do work out very well. Try it on and ask other is the easy enough to do and do remember that sometimes you just need to let your mind go and give both yourself and others a big surprise!
                    This is a copyright material from Daisyeyewear.com

Comment

Working...
                    X