-32.8 F (-36 C) today with the wind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -32.8 F (-36 C) today with the wind

just to let you know, he's coming down. prepare!!

Vince

you know it's (frick'in) cold when the snot in your nose instantly freezes and your nostril hairs stand at attention with your first breath

why do we do this to ourselves?

because we like it this way

ever create your own stalagtite snotsickle?

Re: -32.8 F (-36 C) today with the wind

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You're gonna soon freeze your auss off of you up there.

My test to tell if it really is cold outside. Take a glass of room temp water, throw the water upwards outside and if it freezes into hard ice on contact with the ground quickly then think hard about if you really want to go out.

Comment

right know, $100 bucks a week for fuel.

Vince

Comment

By the way I've heard about your cold air mass which is headed to the USA and is already here in some areas. Here in the Washington, DC area today it was warm, humid and 70F at lunch time. Then in the afternoon some areas had strong T-storms. I was lucky. Nothing nasty so far, but that can change.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          By the way I've heard about your cold air mass which is headed to the USA and is already here in some areas. Here in the Washington, DC area today it was warm, humid and 70F at lunch time. Then in the afternoon some areas had strong T-storms. I was lucky. Nothing nasty so far, but that can change.
          good luck.

i feel for you.

Vince

if all else fails, hopefully i'll still be here

Comment

Our company has a very strict -30c including the wind chill no-work rule. Unless or course you are working inside.

Comment

Two years ago I was working as part of a directional drilling team. Wind chill one day was -23F. The next day wind chill was forecast to be -25F. We were told that would be too cold to work. What the heck difference does 2 degrees make when it is already that cold? I think the company found out we were sitting in the back of the tool truck most of the day eating pizza and drinking hot chocolate and coffee we had delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                Two years ago I was working as part of a directional drilling team. Wind chill one day was -23F. The next day wind chill was forecast to be -25F. We were told that would be too cold to work. What the heck difference does 2 degrees make when it is already that cold? I think the company found out we were sitting in the back of the tool truck most of the day eating pizza and drinking hot chocolate and coffee we had delivered.
                people make mistakes when it starting getting really cold. cold digits don't hold tools too well.

my magic number is -37. it becomes bitter.

just the way i like it.

Vince

Comment

Keep the cold, but send me your snow. It's like September here, I need snow to get skiers, and need skiers to get some money in the county so I can keep working. I'ts gonna be bleak here if it's a bad snow year. We may finally see some of the hardship that's hit everywhere else.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

another day hitting 90 and the fires are still burning. need some rain and cold air.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X