X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wedding ring-take them off

My ring would be a polished, beautiful copper ring made out of Type L 3/4".

I could size it with my swaggin' tool sp? grinder and polishing stone.

For Her, a starter ring and incremental rings for number of years served doin' hard time, dealin' with me. Whoa damn, was that a ring?
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i've wore my ring now close to 5 years. at first it was awkard especially with a wrench in my hand.

i did manage to get some burrs on it the first time welding. any sparks that hit gold will stick. so i took the 2 burrs off by using my grinder

dunbar. believe it or not. yesterday i was screwing around with a piece of 3/4'' l and put it on my pinky. it was very hard getting it off especially since it wasn't reamed.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick and I agree on something! I wear my ring every day to work for the last 7 years. I purposely bought a thick, heavy ring because my first boss' ring was thin and became squared off from all the years of holding wrenches and pliers. My ring has a ton of scratches, but it is quite thick and I wear it to work because I work in a lot of houses as a serviceman with lonely women. The ring is like garlic to vampires...the ladies know I am happy with what I have.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

My ex-wifes uncle was a plumber by trade. (now an inspector) He was pouring a verticle lead joint and had a drip fall on his wedding ring. Burned his finger up pretty good.

Andy

Comment

when i was attending trade school, our instructor drew a picture on the blackboard.

it was a cabinet with a ring on a finger with tendons.

he told us that a guy was standing on a something unstable and fell. the ring caught the cabinet top. it ripped his finger off complete with the tendons.

i don't wear finger jewellery for this reason and i can't wear a wristwatch because the bloody things keep freezing to my skin.

Vince

Comment

If needed, my ring comes off easily enough. I have taken it off when working before. I tried not wearing it to work for awhile, but then I never wore it. You guys have me thinking to take it off though.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                when i was attending trade school, our instructor drew a picture on the blackboard.

it was a cabinet with a ring on a finger with tendons.

he told us that a guy was standing on a something unstable and fell. the ring caught the cabinet top. it ripped his finger off complete with the tendons.

i don't wear finger jewellery for this reason and i can't wear a wristwatch because the bloody things keep freezing to my skin.

Vince
                Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the term "bloody things" doesn't it?
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Injury pic (not for weak stomachs!)

Guy was jumping off a truck and caught his ring on something.

http://www.itim.nsw.gov.au/index.cfm...B067DC88E16BFC

Comment

Working...
                  X