X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comfortable work boots

i have bad knees and wide feet so it has been difficult to find a boot that is knee friendly with a wide steel toe, ......to boot.

any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks

Vince

Re: comfortable work boots

red wing has a steel toe work boot called the king toe. it is a lot wider in the toe. they also make some insoles that you microwave and conform them to your feet. they cost $45.00 but have a 2 or 3 year warranty.i think the king toe in peoria sells for arround $130.00. been wearing them since they came out 2 years ago and love them

Comment

I wear RedWing 953's with an insert. Only combination that I've found that works for me. They are expensive compared to some others.

I don't know what to tell you to wear up there in Neverland Vince. I'd probably have to work in a bubble.

J.C.

Comment

the king toe gives you 44% more wiggle room for wide feet and frozen toes.first pair of steel toes that feel good i have found.

Comment

My Whites Smoke Jumpers should be here tomorrow . It's the arch support that does it for me. Crappy boots do a number on my knees,lower back and adds fatigue. I thought I could get by with a popular brand. ppffttt. No way Jose.

Comment

I've seen the White's. Looks like they would last 10 years if you're not welding.

J.C.

Comment

You can send them in and resole. I never have.

Comment

How long have your's lasted? That high heel and the cleats kept me from getting them.

Wouldn't work too good in the sticky red mud & clay here.

J.C.

Comment

Never really took notice, bout a year I bet.

Comment

I wear Belleville's. They're made for the military and they make the only USMC authorized boot. If it's good enough for Marines, it's good enough for me.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If anyone wants more info on RED WING "King Toe" work boots and shoes try this site.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...ery=King%20Toe

Comment

red wings are great boots

but in australia they are very expensive

Comment

Ive gotten two years out of JB Goodhue Matterhorns (now called oilriggers). They are available through Weaver and Devore in Yellowknife (that's where I got mine, or many other safety supply/workwear outlets in the NWT. Just thought I'd give ya somewhere nearby Vince! Keep on plumbing up in the great Canadian north!

Comment

I have all ways liked red wing I have a few pairs, I like Danner exept they seem to take months to break in. Recently I have been wearing Columbia brand and they are very comfortable and they have lasted me a long time.

Comment

chippewa's have two pairs of redwings in the closet as backups, i am not nearly as impressed with the redwings as I am with the Chips

Comment

Working...
                              X