Cut my finger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut my finger

so today i was at my evening shop class and making a cardboard template to allow me to trace and cut a sheet of aluminum for my sprinter bulk head.

as i was cutting my cardboard to the contours of the sprinter wall, i accidentally cut into my left index finger with my utility knife.

needless to say, it bled like a stuck pig

i cut it approx 3/4'' long by 3/16'' deep

calmly closed up my truck and walked into the shop class with my finger squeezed tightly around my t shirt.

the classes first aid kit is in the tool room. had a fellow student grab the box and help me out. he actually was very well versed in first aid. another student also joined in and soon i was the center of attention

called up joey and told her to not come to school, as she was in the process of driving there to bring me dinner

she was not too happy and was more worried than me

i then phoned her brother, the e.r. doctor in houston. of course when i call at odd hours, the first question is what happened

go to kaiser e.r. department and drop 3 names of e.r. dr's. 1 was on and 2 others come in late tonight. always a plus when you work for the dr's

so all in all, the cut was deep, but clean. the immediate pressure and proper wrapping allowed the skin to close on itself. the dr. was very impressed with my handy work and gave me a few options.

i took the option i was hoping for. cleaned it and used steri strips to keep it closed. then a plastic splint to protect the finger from pressure and re opening.

glad i didn't need stitches as me and needles don't get along.

of course what's a trip to the er without pictures

joey wasn't too happy with my pictures until the dr. said i did a good job

not too graphic.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Cut my finger

Whenever I cut myself....even deep...

I get hydrogen peroxide, clean the bleeding cut out real good.

Then I reach for my super glue gel, hold the cut closed and lay a

bead across the top. As soon as it starts to tighten I tape it with

any tape I have....

then I don't shower/bathe for two weeks so I don't get it wet.

Works like a charm.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Rick I think you should just hired a camera crew to follow you and document your life, LOL. or may be you all ready have,

Glad it was not worst than it is,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

sounde like another day at the office!!! Which reminds me I think i need a tetanus shot!!! I cant remember my last one!

Comment

My understanding is, the consensus was it was operator error as oppose to an equipment failure.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Wrench, he had one last year.

I think it bled more because he takes a daily aspirin.

Rick, why didn't you just use scissors?

I thought it was bad when Rick called and said there was a change of plan and not to bring him dinner.

I thought it was bad when he asked if it was too late to call my brother.

I thought it was bad when he didn't argue about the fact I was going to be the one driving to the ER.

I thought it was all a farse when he walked a couple steps ahead of me all of a sudden in order to take his picture in front of the ER.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I wasn't there so maybe I don't know but I'm surprised he went to the hospital at all.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I wasn't there so maybe I don't know but I'm surprised he went to the hospital at all.

J.C.
                That is how much it was bleeding Usually he is a duct tape or electrical tape and go back to work kind of guy.

They said because it was a vertical slice from the tip of his finger down toward the knuckle it would easily re-open. (Rick got lucky) They sealed better than we ever could. The Dr. was nice and was bringing in all kinds of "bandages" to keep it dry and sealed while he worked this week. He said if he can keep it wrapped for the week we would be home free.

Don't worry. He still has his typing finger.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

When Joey called me I could hear Rick sniffling in the background. If I am not mistaken I heard the nurse slap him and tell him to "Man Up".

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    When Joey called me I could hear Rick sniffling in the background. If I am not mistaken I heard the nurse slap him and tell him to "Man Up".

Mark
                    With a Sugar Free Lollipop.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Don't worry. He still has his typing finger.
                      you do know joey, if it was my other hand, you might have found that bidet seat installed

so far so good

glad it wasn't my propress trigger finger

repipe here i come

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Last night was a tough one. Within a half an hour I had Joey call to tell me Ricky cut his finger and Jon call me to tell me my grand daughter bit through he lower lip after a fall. It was a busy night at the ER.

Mark

Comment

I am sorry to hear about the Grand daughter there, I hope she is feeling better and not hurting to much,
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Last night was a tough one. Within a half an hour I had Joey call to tell me Ricky cut his finger and Jon call me to tell me my grand daughter bit through he lower lip after a fall. It was a busy night at the ER.

Mark
                            What time did they end up getting home?
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Whenever I cut myself....even deep...

I get hydrogen peroxide, clean the bleeding cut out real good.

Then I reach for my super glue gel, hold the cut closed and lay a

bead across the top. As soon as it starts to tighten I tape it with

any tape I have....

then I don't shower/bathe for two weeks so I don't get it wet.

Works like a charm.

We've had people use the Crazy Glue method for finger cuts and it works well. Although I did hear recently that hydrogen peroxide can do more harm than good.

By not showering for 2 weeks, is that how you rest it?
                              Can't imagine many calls coming in after the third day....

Comment

Working...
                              X