X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriare Deleting Of Posts

It is acceptable to delete a post if responding to a thread;I feel if you started the thread it is very inappropriate to delete the post. With the orginal thread deleted one has a hard time figuring out why certain replys were made!!!!People should think before posting-do not babble then delete!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Hi, I'm new here so I don't really know for sure how the 'deleting' works exactly. But, on most forums I'm familiar with, the 'first post' in a thread can only be deleted if there are no subsequent posts in that same thread. Any posts following the first one can be deleted by the user or, of course, by the admins.

I take it from your comment that this forum is different - is that true?

Rick
    Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C., Canada
    http://www.rickswoodworking.ca

Comment

unfortuneately a resonding yes.
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

The mods will correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that what rickd said is also true here.

What has been happening here lately is a certain poster has been going back into his original post, 1st one in the thread, and deleting the contents of his post. He has not actually deleted that post as it still appears but without the original content or a modified content. I'm pretty sure that in most other BB's the poster can also do that.

In other threads where his post has not been the original one, he has gone back and deleted the response in its entirety. Again, I think that can also be done on other BB's.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The "IGNORE" feature has worked WONDERS !

Comment

Thanks for the explanation and clarification. Boggles the mind that anyone would bother to make posts only to return and delete them. Very strange!

Rick
            Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C., Canada
            http://www.rickswoodworking.ca

Comment

Originally posted by rickd View Post
              Thanks for the explanation and clarification. Boggles the mind that anyone would bother to make posts only to return and delete them. Very strange!
              It's the Internet, almost everyting on it boggles my mind. I couldn't agree with you more though it doesn't make much sense but as that great Statesman Forrest Gump once said, "stupid is as stupid does".
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yeah I don't get the post deleting thing myself either. It's like "ok I'm part of this discussion"... then ... "ok now I'm not part of this discussion" lol

Comment

Usually happens when someone makes an off the wall uneducated statement and gets slammed for it. They go back and delete thier post or content there of to keep others from seeing thier stupidity. MHO

Comment

Working...
                  X