X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BS14002-update

Talked to Customer Service once again, same thing " you can take it back" attitude. Hung up, called back , went straight to a tech. Explained all I had done to tune the saw, the "Mastering your Bandsaw" DVD with Mark Duginski,by Taunton Press. The "WOOD" Magazine Oct. 2006 Issue#172 "Make any bandsaw a peak performer" artical featuring a Ridgid Bandsaw, Mentioned adding the plywood base to both the top and rails of the leg stand, a Link belt, Orange Urathane tires, Cool Blocks, Measuring the out of round wheels with a magnetic stand and dial indicator, Checking the out of balance wheels, as the top wheel Dropped dramatically to the heavy side, same spot each time , the lower wheel wasnt as bad, but bad non the less. Explained the Vibration was on start up,while running, and on shut down.
    I will be recieving Both wheels as replacements in 5-7 days.
    Lets HOPE I get a set of Balanced wheels.
    Do yourself a favor if you have problems with yours, BYPASS e-mailing Customer Service , and or even talking to them, Go DIRECTLY to a tech. if you accidently get to CS on the phone ASK to speak directly to a tech. as CS just wanted me to take it back OR load it in my car and drop it off at a service center. Techs must have alot more clout than there CS counterparts. Man I HOPE this makes it at least usable.

Good to hear. The techs tend to understand the problems better than CS does, they also are probably aware of recurring problems.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Wheel arrival.

Nov. 14th 2006
      The wheels have arrived.
      No time today to install them,Hopefully in the next few days I can get to it. I'll install the Ridgid riser block at the same time.
      Upper wheel -Taiwan
      Lower wheel - China
      The taiwan wheel has 5 large flat bottom divits drilled.
      The china wheel has 3 small cone shaped bottom divits drilled.
      I am hoping these replacements solves the vibration and I can move on to start enjoying the use of the Bandsaw.

Comment

Before installing the wheels only to find you have more problems, you might want to go to a good big hardware store and pickup a lawnmower blade balancer. The link shows what it looks like. They are great for pulley checking too.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Woussko; 11-16-2006, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Even the new BS14002 I got has a worse upper wheel than the one I took back! Called the Ridgid rep again and waiting for resolution from them. I refuse to take another saw back or take it to a service center. Those China wheels are CRAP, plain and simple. Of the 3 wheels I got replaced on my first saw and this one, it is not a coincidence.
          I spent the better part of yesterday balancing one. I figure, what the heck, if I ruin it, I have 3 more! After many divets, I finally have it balanced. The manager at HD said since I have had it (the original one) for 5 months, he can only give an in store credit. I told him there is no tool in the store that would buy! If Ridgid gives my money back, I will be happy. If not, I have an expensive item to hang my jacket on in the shop.
          For A & P, I see the Delta at Lowes is now 429.00 (Remember a few weeks ago, it was 379.00)?
          Ron

Comment

I had a wake to go to today, best buds father passed away so I wasnt able to work on the bandsaw today, I'm going to run over to my local ACE hardware and see if they have the lawn mower blade balancer as suggested. and YES I saw that at Lowes too, I talked to the tool Manager there and said wtf is this I was here 3 days prior and it had a tag on it saying it was at a new lower price of 379.00?! He said Delta reps come in and change the prices, I said well then that's a "SALE" NOT a "New lower price" in my book, and if I had KNOWN it was only a reduced price for a SHORT time I would have bought it! Ticked me off to say the least. "new lower price" Means just that to me. new sale price means its reduced for a short time.
            These big box stores just play games, and get away with it. D*mn I miss my local ma&pa stores.

Comment

That Delta is available at 2 of my local Ma and Pa stores for about $600. I cant believe anybody buys any at that price.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Bandsaw UPDATE!

Dec.7th '06
                I havent had a chance to post in awhile, my father past away and his funeral was yesterday, I shall MISS him Greatly.
                I have installed the new wheels I had recieved and installed the Riser Block. I am now pleased with the results. If i'm doing the "Nickle test" right, I can now set a Nickle on its edge, start the Bandsaw and it stays on edge and stays on edge when shut off not all the time but i'd say 80% of the tries, 20% of the time it will fall on start up or shut down. But it is SOOOOO much better than it was . It seems they would have a real Nice Bandsaw if they just get the wheel QC under CONTROL. If it was, I might not have had to invest Money into Birch Plywood,(to try stiffening the stand) a Link Belt,(to try to reduce the MAJOR Vibration) and my time(worth 36.50 per hour plus full benifits) And Ridgid would have avoided a dissatisfied from the start customer,and headaches on both sides. Now hopefully I can go onto enjoying using my now usable Ridgid Bandsaw. - Weird I had to jump through hoops to get the wheels replaced, then today a DHL truck pulls up to my house, thought it was a Woodcraft delivery, it was'nt, I opened the box, ANOTHER set of bandsaw wheels and clips and bearings were shipped. Go figure huh? I just laughed.
                Originally posted by American and Proud View Post
                Nov. 14th 2006
                The wheels have arrived.
                No time today to install them,Hopefully in the next few days I can get to it. I'll install the Ridgid riser block at the same time.
                Upper wheel -Taiwan
                Lower wheel - China
                The taiwan wheel has 5 large flat bottom divits drilled.
                The china wheel has 3 small cone shaped bottom divits drilled.
                I am hoping these replacements solves the vibration and I can move on to start enjoying the use of the Bandsaw.

Comment

My condolences to you on the loss of your father.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thankyou Rafael .
                    I guess i'm posting now just to keep busy and keep my mind on other things , it's hard we were very close. Again much thanks.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad. I will take the wheels off your hands.
                      SSG, U.S. Army
                      Retired
                      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

My condolences on your loss as well. Try to remember the good times and the smiles you shared, it does help to ease the pain of the loss.

Ken

Comment

American,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolances to everyone in the family. I hope your memories and the values that he passed on to you will comfort you well into the future.

God bless,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                          X