X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Parts

What's the deal? If anyone here has tried to order parts lately, you know the delay is huge. I could go into detail, but it's too many times too list lately. Put it this way, I have parts trickling in (Gen Contractor with 200 men) that I dont even remember ordering, it has been so long.

One example, I ordered a new cart for a 535 threader 3 months ago! And it's the same with all vendors. Vendors with major buying power; Sunbelt, Fastenal, Grainger...etc, so I know it's a Ridgid problem.

Ok...feel better now.

you are not alone

I think this problem is due to the "just in time" attitude for stocking parts. Even parts supply houses no longer seem to carry large inventories..now to be fair here, There must be a gazillion parts out there and no one can stock them all....

BUT..when I ordered a 65 cent part from M&D, which usually is excellent, informed me the wire part will not be available until Feb 2007!!!
    Come on folks that part is being used on the assembly line... so how about grabbing a handful and send them out to the parts suppliers!

Cactus Man

Comment

Amen to that!

I've had my belt sander in the shop since August 12. They kept on saying the part is on back order so I called CS and they verified it was. Still no word form the shop.
      Time to make a call.

Comment

I had the same problem when i had to order 4 ,535 stands as part of the repaires i was doing all the parts that i needed came in about 2 weeks after i ordered them which is about the time it takes to get parts from ridge tool except for the stands which just came in monday about a month and 2 weeks in the waiting. now i am waiting on parts for about 4 sawzaws.We order the saw parts from ordertree(instead of ryobi)and it has been 3 weeks and nothing yet,but when i order anything from ryobi it takes at least a month anyway.Bosch,1 week,milw,about a week or two but i think it will get as slow as ryobi soon.dewalt,a week or two,Hilti,about a week,portercable,a week or two,makita,2 weeks.so all the major tool makers are around the same.I only stock stuff for the tools that i see alot of .
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Just an update for fun. Sort of...

The cart I ordered 3 MONTHS ago is still back ordered. Anyone with Ridgid reading this??? sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by DP68 View Post
            Just an update for fun. Sort of...

The cart I ordered 3 MONTHS ago is still back ordered. Anyone with Ridgid reading this??? sheesh
            looks like im knackered so.my jig saw broke today.if you guys are having trouble getting parts,then theres no chance for me.im living in ireland

Comment

Funny you should mention the assembly line....

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
              Come on folks that part is being used on the assembly line... so how about grabbing a handful and send them out to the parts suppliers!
              Funny you should mention the assembly line. I used to work for a major manufacturing company. When customers were having problems getting parts I would go to the plant and "steal" them off the assembly line for them. Sad that it had to come to that.

Comment

I am reading and doing what I can.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                X