Made in China-Some Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in China-Some Thoughts

On Oct 26(or somewhere aroud there-think the datre is accurate)a Song class(diesel powered) chinese(communistr not ROC)submarine surfaced 5 miles away from the USS Kittyhawk battle group;close enough to fire it's torpedoes. It remained undetected til it surfaced. Yet we still buy made in China goods. We(the vUSA) can'y get enough of them. Their subs stalk our warships in the pacific but the US keeps aiding and abetting CHINA. I say ban all there products!!!!!I realize this would hurt some companies such as GE who manufactures railroad locomotives for china but I cannot see imported goods from a belligerant nation. Anyone remember when they held our pilots hostage when their plane crashes into our plane causing it to crash land in china. Do not want to cause a ruckus w/ post;even I have made in china goods(but only as a last resort-ie no USA equivalent).Just my 2 cents!!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

And our subs stalk their warships. This kinda thing has been going on for decades.
    Personally,I would like us to cut off all relations with any evil country. Morally, it is like having a murderer over to your house for dinner. China can go to hell.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Amen brother!!!!!

Comment

Keep your friends close, but, keep your enemies closer.

All we can do is to continue to chip away at them diplomatically about democracy. Someday it might fall.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

The submarine & warship thing is maybe only part of it. Should we begin to think about what sort of working conditions, & wages, Chinese products are made under? I wouldn't like to work with no safety legistlation, for a bowl of rice a day. Would you? & what sort of quality do you think you would produce?
          We can only hope it goes like Japan, where as soon as they started making good products, wages and conditions improved too.
          Don't get me wrong, I don't care where the guy comes from, but he deserves decent wages & conditions too, and when he's got them, then we compete for jobs on a regular basis.

Comment

Long Way to Go

Remember guys and gals,
            This is a country that will execute its prisoners to make donor organs available for sale. Not to mention all the other human rights violations they bring about daily. And not to forget what happened in Tianamen Square!
            Jim Don

Comment

...or

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
              Remember guys and gals,
              ......And not to forget what happened in Tianamen Square!
              ....or Kent State...or Salem, Mass, or Rosewood, Florida.....

I'm not trying to make light of the problems in China...but we certainly have enough of our own to be embarrassed about.

In the words of MLK. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

I'm not sure what the answer is...but I worry about political "sound bites" that oversimplify the situation.

Comment

Big difference. The press here will report such events when they occur here and the country deals with it to prevent it from happening again.
                In china any journalist who tries to do that will become an organ donor.
                And MLK was right about the injustice, which is why I feel we should have nothing to do with china. As long as they get oodles of our money they will not have pressure to reform.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I think there is a problem most of us don't see. The millions of hard working "Little People" over in China working as slaves in hell hole factories so that a few greedy "Big Guys" can get richer and richer totally hate the evil doings of their Govt. They just want to live and get along with everyone. If we don't buy their junk they would starve. Now don't think that's all bad as there are far far too many people living in China. They really need birth control. I'm just trying to say that the salve workers should not be cussed for the quality of work considering the hellish life they are forced to live. The USA needs to work harder on keeping factories over here alive and well producing goods. Soon we will really have some serious crime issues do to major unemployment. No jobs = no $ = people go crazy trying to feed their families.

Comment

I really enjoyed the thought provoking responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                      I think there is a problem most of us don't see. The millions of hard working "Little People" over in China working as slaves in hell hole factories so that a few greedy "Big Guys" can get richer and richer totally hate the evil doings of their Govt. They just want to live and get along with everyone. If we don't buy their junk they would starve. Now don't think that's all bad as there are far far too many people living in China. They really need birth control. I'm just trying to say that the salve workers should not be cussed for the quality of work considering the hellish life they are forced to live. The USA needs to work harder on keeping factories over here alive and well producing goods. Soon we will really have some serious crime issues do to major unemployment. No jobs = no $ = people go crazy trying to feed their families.
                      Thanks for your understanding,I am Chinese and now living in Shanghai.I know there are many many problems,human rights,birth control,etc.Like most Chinese,I am every eager to see the fast development of our country,but many problems are worsening,environment pollutions,corruptions,human rights protection(especially the vote and to be voted right) are far far far behind people's expectations,many big rivers like YellowRiver(Chinese monther river) are dryings,are becoming black river(polluted),we citizens also love clean no polluted water,but we can do nothing at the moment,the serious corruption in the government will surely need us to pay heavier cost in the near future.You should know there are about 1.4billions people in China,and around 1 billions are farmers,you will know what a life so many farmers are living if you know what kind of a life your ancestors lived in 1870s.So far over 0.1billions people are living under international poverty line(under $1/day),many business are operated by officials,or they have very close relationships,that is why there are frequent mine disasters,many and many,too frequent,i think.Many farmers need to be supported by their sons not girls when they are old,that is why many families have many children,birth controll is very necessary as every human being knows.
                      Tianamen affairs is something I don't well,I think you could not know more than me,actually,there were many students were killed by army,but the truth is the students were guided by devil people,and the students launched the affairs even they didn't know the truth,if the situations out of control,the Communist Party would be overthrowed,you can imagine how it would occur in China with over 1 billion people in anarchy.It could result in war,who know?

Someone complained of China to be a belligerent nation,I think every human being knows a fact that China is a peace-loving nation,unfortunately,China has suffered greatly over the past 100 years,from the end of Qing daysty till the end of World Word II, Russia and Japan(most hateful) fought for benefits in CHina,German,UK,Spain,etc.8 western countries united as one invaded China,especially France & UK allies invaded YuanmingYuan-the royalty palace harem,robbed and fired(if can't take) all the most precious treasure.Etc...................................... ..................The plane crash occured in 2001,and our excellent pilot(Wang Wei) sacrificed during protecting his motherland,I don't want to say any more.

Any educated people will not only listen to what the newspater or internet say,they should have their own thoughts,and learn from various channels to learn the truth.

Especially I want to mention some Americans,Japan has invaded pearl harbor on 7 December 1941,an early morning that many Americans were in sleep,the Japanese launched a sudden attach to US army,is it right?
                      Japan is a nation that even we Chinese are not clear what is their next step,as their military power is one of the strongest in the world,many key parts of the USA weapons are bought from Japan............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

What am i talking about?
                      Real sweetness always comes after pain

Comment

Thanks for the hands on(feet on-you live there!!!!)information. It was very very enlightening. Japan's military is growing but Japan of today is far differant than the Japan of the 1940's. They are very americanized to put it simply.

Comment

Originally posted by Akita View Post
                          Thanks for the hands on(feet on-you live there!!!!)information. It was very very enlightening. Japan's military is growing but Japan of today is far differant than the Japan of the 1940's. They are very americanized to put it simply.
                          I think you include your country would never understand what Japan think about,aslo I think we Chinese know much more about Japan than you,Japan is under the protection of USA-the strongest nation ever in history.Why still Japan trying its every effort to fast develop their military? You only know the appearance,but you should study its nature through the appearance,this is the right way to know something,you will be thoroughly wrong if you think you well know something by its appearance but not its nature.

I agree with you that Japan is very americanized today,but that is only limited to their Economy and Military.Some time,the changes not always in the way you designed,just like in Iraq.But to Japan,it is a more dangerious nation as it is good at hide its ambition.Let's wait and see what transpires in the next 20 years.
                          Real sweetness always comes after pain

Comment

an Australian perspective

interesting forum.

thankyou westlife for providing insight. woussco for reason.

my country is smaller than either china or america. some of my nations accomplishments are astounding. and we have our errors.

humanity came from the same place. if each of us were to delve into our ancestry far enough, there would be a time where we were the same person. That which caused the separations could have been petty. It could have been horrific. What I see now is that people are coming together, as has never been possible before. Change brings challenge. China is growing. A bigger challenge the world has ever been given, i doubt it.

I don't know intimately the governments of your countries, but the main problem in Australia is that by the time the politicians get into any position of power, they are owned. Owned by business. owned by the union movement. owned by the media.Owned by their political party.

My country has stood shoulder to shoulder with America in many battles.And as far as I know, we have never had a conflict with China. ( Although the Viet Nam incursion / liberation is an ideological sticking point - Aussies were present ) We have more known uranium resources than China and America put together. Hurry up and use all the oil fellas.Then watch the Aussies flex a little economic muscle

It irks me when Americans get self righteous. Somebody has got to tell you guys to go **** your ( collective ) selves every now and again because your nation appears to have lost it's sense of humility. And the poise and grace one might expect from a union in such a formidable position.China has the balls.

The sleeping dragon has merely opened one eye.

America : the root of the word means friend ( amore , amigo ). Such must have been the blessing intended by the person who gave this name to such a wealthy bit of dirt.

Thanks your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                              ....or Kent State...or Salem, Mass, or Rosewood, Florida.....

I'm not trying to make light of the problems in China...but we certainly have enough of our own to be embarrassed about.

In the words of MLK. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

I'm not sure what the answer is...but I worry about political "sound bites" that oversimplify the situation.
                              I agree.

The rest of these guys think the world is coming to and end because of China (which I am no friend of). But they also spend most of their time talking about Ridgid woodworking tools, most of which are made in China.

Go figure.
                              the dog

Comment

Working...
                              X