X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now a member!!

I just got home a few hours ago. I had to go to HD and become a member of the Ridgid family. So I went and got the 12" CSMS (MS1290LZ) and the stand (MSUV) to match. They also had a deal where you get a free $50 tool belt when you buy a Ridgid miter sawI aslo got the Portable table saw (TS2400LS) and the flip top stand to help me hold the out feed wood. I havn't had a chance to use the table saw but the CSMS feels good. I had some PT 4x4 and it didn't even try to slow down. Like everyone said not much of the dust goes in the bag but I haven't used a miter saw that really does.

I have to tell you I am so excited. I got a steal. I found a lady that is hurting for money for X-mas and has a HD card. Well she needed some money to get other gifts. So she sold me a $500 gift card for $400. Well I called her back after getting the other one. Told her I had another $350 if she still needed money. Well she took it and I got $1000 for $750!!!! Well I also got 20% off online and BAM!!!! I got all that for about $950 and only cost me $750 . Still have a few bucks left for after x-mas. Well guys I had to tell someone and nobody I tell here would care to much. Now I just need to get started on my work bench.
    Last edited by bigworm; 11-22-2006, 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Welcome to the orange team, Worm.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks I am ready to get started. I wish I could this weekend but I am going to GA to go hunting so will have to start next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm View Post
        I just got home a few hours ago. I had to go to HD and become a member of the Ridgid family. So I went and got the 12" CSMS (MS1290LZ) and the stand (MSUV) to match. They also had a deal where you get a free $50 tool belt when you buy a Ridgid miter sawI aslo got the Portable table saw (TS2400LS) and the flip top stand to help me hold the out feed wood. I havn't had a chance to use the table saw but the CSMS feels good. I had some PT 4x4 and it didn't even try to slow down. Like everyone said not much of the dust goes in the bag but I haven't used a miter saw that really does.

I have to tell you I am so excited. I got a steal. I found a lady that is hurting for money for X-mas and has a HD card. Well she needed some money to get other gifts. So she sold me a $500 gift card for $400. Well I called her back after getting the other one. Told her I had another $350 if she still needed money. Well she took it and I got $1000 for $750!!!! Well I also got 20% off online and BAM!!!! I got all that for about $950 and only cost me $750 . Still have a few bucks left for after x-mas. Well guys I had to tell someone and nobody I tell here would care to much. Now I just need to get started on my work bench.
        Get redy to re-post when you have problems, and HD does not honor the warrenty. And, you will have problems.
        the dog

Comment

congrats on your new purchase. I'm very pleased with the 5 Ridgid tools i own......lifetime service agreement....wohoo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
            Get redy to re-post when you have problems, and HD does not honor the warrenty. And, you will have problems.
            Hey sorry you had some problems that dosn't mean you should try to bring down someone who is excited about something. It isn't going to work. I am happy right now and that's all that matters.

Comment

bigworm, dont worry about plumbdogs comments. Plumbdog likes to growl at the new members as the pass through the door just to make sure your worthy.

Congratz on the outstanding deal!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                bigworm, dont worry about plumbdogs comments. Plumbdog likes to growl at the new members as the pass through the door just to make sure your worthy.

Congratz on the outstanding deal!

Josh
                I stand by my original post.

I am not growling at a new member, I'm giving him experienced based advice. I wish him the best, but be ready for disappointment. Ridgid hand tools are the best, but the power tool line is......well, we'll see.

I hope they work out for bigworm, I really do.
                Last edited by plumbdog10; 11-28-2006, 11:58 PM.
                the dog

Comment

I can tell you this. I nearly smashed my 2 week old flash light when I lowered my car on it. It was mashed down about 2" when I realized what I did. Jacked the car back up removed the flash light it had a gash in it about 1/4" deep but it still works.

Comment

I have 5 ridgid power tools, 4 of them are stationary and 1 handheld.
                    I've never had a problem with them.
                    So far I am satisfied. They are the best for what I paid for them.
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Well I Need to get the garage set up better now. Guss my 1st weekend will be mostly doing that. Then I am ready to go. I am going to try working on a porch swing for my Step mom.

Comment

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
                        I can tell you this. I nearly smashed my 2 week old flash light when I lowered my car on it. It was mashed down about 2" when I realized what I did. Jacked the car back up removed the flash light it had a gash in it about 1/4" deep but it still works.
                        So, let me get this straight:

You lowered a car onto your flashlight. So your plastic flashlight was able to with-stand the pressure of a car and walk away with a 1/4" long crack?

Not buying that.

I'll stick with my original post.
                        the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                          So, let me get this straight:

You lowered a car onto your flashlight. So your plastic flashlight was able to with-stand the pressure of a car and walk away with a 1/4" long crack?

Not buying that.

I'll stick with my original post.

So if you don't like the tools why do you come to this site?

Comment

He likes the plumbing tools. not the woodworking and power tools.

Comment

Oh I see. Well I checked around and I am happy with my pick up. I think I got a great deal and look forward to this website for help along the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X