X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Linux users here?

I use PCLinuxOS, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu. Anyone else here a nix fan.

I used to dual boot to redhat at home.. does that count ;-)

Comment

Yep not many who don't dual boot. Only a real hard case nix user ditches windows al together. Presently I boot xp and vista with the mentioned linux versions on my machine. You should give linux a try again the desktop has come along way since redhat 9. The newest equivalent would be redhat fedora core 6 as free or redhat enterprise linux if ya got the bucks for it. I recomend PCLinuxOS as an excelent choice to get back into it, everything just plain works as advertised. Any way nice talking with you.
      The latest from SUSE
      http://home.kde.org/~binner/kickoff/sneak_preview.html
      Last edited by betamaxman; 11-30-2006, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I'm running Fedora 5
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          I'm running Fedora 5
          Cool

Comment

have ran: red hat, debian, suse, ubuntu, be, and there may be others
            gnome, kde, and text

and on the windoze side: 3.1 3.11 '95 '95b '98 '00 me xpp

Comment

Re: Any other Linux users here?

Originally posted by betamaxman View Post
              I use PCLinuxOS, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu. Anyone else here a nix fan.

Yup, been using it since ya had to tune your own video configs....
              “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

In the past I've run/managed/installed/cursed/loved FreeBSD, RH Enterprise, CentOS, Suze. Looking into dual-booting Solaris 10 x86 currently. Oh...and I use OS X.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

My entire network is linux driven. I am still running redhat 9 and am about to upgrade my server to enterprise. Micro-who....

Comment

"The box said 'requires Windows NT or better', so I installed Linux."
                    An old but such a fun saying.
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I have a Sun UltraSPARC 30 running Solaris 9 as one of the machines on my LAN. I used it along with 4 other PCs to crunch Work Units for the SETI project for about 4 years.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've installed many, many flavors over the years - redhat, mandrake, suse, pclinuxos, mepis, ubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu, slackware, zenwalk, etc...
                        Until recently I was running ubuntu as my main OS, but I got a HDTV card that requires XP to work so I'm back to running M$ windows for the time being...

Comment

Working...
                        X