Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigworm View Post
    Any update?
    service center said "it does'nt look good".
    he said ridgid is not being very helpful.

Comment

LOOKING AROUND FOR ANY INFO ON FIXING THIS SAW I FOUND THIS.
      NOW I KNOW RYOBI IS THE CHEAP VERSION OF RIDGID BUT THIS SURE LOOKS EXACTALLY LIKE THE RIDGID SAW. I GUESS THE RIDGID SLIDING MITER SAW IS JUST THE CHEAP VERSION OF RIDGID.

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm View Post
        Any update?
        OK, WELL, NO HELP FROM RIDGID...THE TECK AT THE SERVICE CENTER SAID THE PEOPLE THAT HE TALKED TO AT RIDGID SOUNDED LIKE THEY WERE READING HIM THE TROUBLE SHOOTING PAGE FROM THE MANUAL AND WHEN NONE OF THE SCRIPTED FIXES WORKED THEY WERE OF NO FURTHER ASSISTANCE.

3 NEW OUT OF THE BOX SAWS LATER, AND SAME RESULTS FROM ALL OF THEM.

WENT TO HOME DEPOT AS A LAST DITCH EFFERT, TO PLEAD MY CASE AND THE STORE MANAGER WHO WAS, TO MY SUPPRISE, KIND ENOUGH TO TAKE MY RIDGID BACK FOR FULL STORE CREDIT.

I COULD NOT BELEIVE THAT HE DID IT, BUT HE DID IT JUST THE SAME!
        MUCH THANKS TO THE DEPOT.

I USED THE CREDIT TO BUY THE MAKITA DUAL SLIDE MITER SAW AND WHAT A DREAM SAW THAT IS. THE DIFFERENCE IS NIGHT AND DAY, HECK, YOU DONT EVEN REAOLIZE THE SAW HAS MADE A CUT, IT IS THAT SMOOTH, AND AS FAR A ACCURACY GOES, IT’S SPOT-ON PERFECT!

AS FAR AS RIDGID TOOLS GO, I HOPE THIS IS AN ISOLATED FLAW IN THE MANUFACTURING AND IS NOT A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME FROM RIDGID.
        IE..POOR QUALITY MASS-PRODUCTION.

AGAIN BIG THANKS TO THE DEPOT FOR TURNING MY NIGHTMARE INTO A SWEET DREAM.
        Last edited by CONKLE; 12-27-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Conkle

I'm happy for you that Home Depot made right and that now you have one of the Makita models. Please post what model you do have now. From what I've both seen and heard they are the real miter saws to own and use. I'm seriously thinking of getting one soon myself. Please sometime do yourself a nice favor and get a premium quality blade such as the Forest "Chop Master" or "Miter Master" and you really will be in dream land.

Comment

Bought the Makita as well...very nice.

I got it for less money than the Ridgid...after a bunch of rebates and instant savings through Amazon.

There is a $50 dollar instant off coupon for purchases over $300 (DECOFFER.)

Than there was a $100 dollar Amazon cash back toward future purchases rebate for any purchase Makita tool purchase over $500 (always buying stuff on Amazon so I know I'll use that.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000033711

Add another $30 dollar rebate from Makita.

Finally, there was a free 18V Makita drill set rebate. Figure, if I don't keep it I can probably sell the drill set on Ebay for $100 or so. So...all told there was about $280 dollars off the price of the Makita. You should be eligible for the Makita free drill set. Here is a link to it.

http://www.makita.com/assets_promo/f...tersaw_MIR.pdf
            Last edited by Disaster; 12-27-2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

JUST GOT THE 12" MODEL LS1214FL WITH THE LASER AND LIGHT FROM AMAZON DELIVERED FROM UPS.
              THE ONE I GOT THE OTHER DAY FROM THE DEPOT WAS THE 10" MODEL LS1013FL WITH LASER AND LIGHT.
              I HAVE A BUNCH OF MONEY IN 12" BLADES (GOOD GERMAN MADE AMANA INDUSTRIAL 100 TOOTH BLADES) SO I WENT WITH THE 12", AND I FIGURE I WILL SELL THE 10".

ANY ONE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW 10" MAKITA LS1013FL AT A GOOD PRICE?

Comment

Amana blades are nice, but be sure it is either a 0 or -5 degree hook angle. If not it will grab what you're cutting and create a dangerous condition for you. I think you did well going for the 12" model. They can cut larger pieces than a 10" and as long as you don't mind a few pounds, I say go for it. I like that you got one with the work light. I personally don't trust the laser to be dead on, but being able to see the blade and the line on the wood sure helps. After you've had it some time, please post how you like your new miter saw. I would considder your 10" one, but getting it here safe and sound would get a bit costly. I bet someone local to you will want it.

Comment

As far as the blades go, i only use the atb-r w/ -5deg hook or c-tcg w/ -5deg hook, and yes the laser is useless for 99.99% of the cutting that i do.
                  As far as shipping goes fedex to north carolina is under $25 for 68lb shipping weight.
                  Last edited by CONKLE; 12-29-2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Re: Rigid Sliding Miter Saw Defect

What a shame. I bought the MS1290 @ HD 2 weeks ago. When I got home, I found out about this problem on the net. Never even opened the saw. Checked it out on a saw @ HD and couldn't believe it. It doesn't slide straight; it's about 1/8" off. This morning, I called Ridgid to see what they had to say about it. On hold 20 minutes when this woman with a mouthfull of marbles told me I needed to speak to a tech. Waited on hold 10 more minutes and hung up the phone. Decision made. Took the saw back to HD with receipt in hand. I'm not paying $500(I'll even pay more!) for a miter saw that doesn't cut dead on. I understand that the saw is made in Taiwan and Ridgid puts it's tag on it. I understand defects and issues occur in manufacturing goods. What really bothers me is Ridgid's attitude and lack of response about such a problem. As a new plumber, I own some fine Ridgid tools that I have no problem with. Ridgid should be very careful about their reputation and quality because as forums point out, news travels quickly on the web. When I see one or two people complain about a product 20 people praise, I realize some people are never satisfied. But, when several people all complain about the same thing and nothing is done about it; I spend my money elsewhere.

Comment

Its a shame you didn't at least try it out. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago as well and no 'defects' in mine. These forums can be useful but they do have a megaphone effect which tend to blow any problems way out of proportion as to how wide spread the problem really is.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the Rigid 12" Slider. AS this thread seems to be 2 yrs old and your reply of 3 days ago was to a post 8 months old.

I hoping that the casting problem has been resolved and you have newer model.

Which model did you purchase?

Thanks,

Louis

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes it was a reply to an old post. My point was at least try the saw out before you go on the internet and complain about your purchase.

Mine is the LZ1. I was aware of the alignment issue some saws had before I purchased but have long known a few bad apples don''t spoil the whole barrel and that the internet has a tendency to blow issues way out of proportion.

Comment

The LZ1 is now as well as the LZ an "old model". I noticed today a whole new crate of 12" sliders that came in when I was at HD. They were LZA models....

Comment

Has anyone added the ExactLine Laser option to the earlier MS1290LZ Compound Miter Slide Saw? I've read the posts re: allignment issues and wonder if I'm as "hack" finish carpenter or if my saw came without issues? I did have an issue where the saw blade snagged a short trim piece, slamming it into the plastic table insert, which broke. I'm thinking of having a machinist friend make a replacement pair of aluminum so that is NEVER an issue again. Thoughts from the woodworking gurus?

Comment

Originally posted by Trainman View Post
                                Has anyone added the ExactLine Laser option to the earlier MS1290LZ Compound Miter Slide Saw? I've read the posts re: allignment issues and wonder if I'm as "hack" finish carpenter or if my saw came without issues? I did have an issue where the saw blade snagged a short trim piece, slamming it into the plastic table insert, which broke. I'm thinking of having a machinist friend make a replacement pair of aluminum so that is NEVER an issue again. Thoughts from the woodworking gurus?
                                This has happened to mine also, so I made a wood insert, very similar to the way the guys do with the table saws in here. I would never go metal for an insert, even if its aluminum. Thin laminated piece of wood will do the trick for you.
                                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X