X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ridgid.com preview

We are getting close to finishing development on a new ridgid.com Here are some of the new features.

New Features
    - New look
    - Improved search functionality
    - Product content update - incorporates all information contained in the new Full Line Product Catalog (cat#s, descriptions, etc.)
    - Literature search functionality (manuals, part lists, etc.)
    - Reorganization of site layout to match that of the Full Line Product Catalog.
    - The way we built the site also sets the stage for easy translation to other languages.
    - More up to date Operators Manuals, Parts Manuals, etc. New system to make sure they stay up to date.
    - Many More to come...

You'll notice the new look at the top of the forum is stolen from the new design.

check it out and let me know what you think http://prod.ridgid.com

Thanks,

Josh

Ohhhh, Sooo Goooood!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to a much easier user friendly Ridgid website.

Comment

Looks nice, having only looked at it briefly. First thing I would comment on is the "search for distributors" feature. For example if I look at a tool and click on the link for Find a Distributor, looks like the search area is preset to a somewhat narrow radius for the zip code. Being as I am about 40 miles from no where, it would be nice to have a feature to expand my search radius (say within 60 miles or something like other sites have) or if you could increase the search radius (which then may cause too many hits for those in large areas).
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I like the new layout Josh.

I think you should look again at the various categories and maybe shuffle some items around.

To my way of thinking the MS-UV is a jobsite tool not a benchtop tool.
          I also think miter saws and the 14" Cut Off Machine fit better under jobsite tools, even though they are benchtop tools (if not mounted on a MS-UV).

The WL1200 is listed for historical reasons? I thought they were discontinued, maybe I am mistaken. I also could not find the new 6-1/2" CS in the new tools section or elsewhere.

Q: How long does a tool remain 'NEW' before it is listed under one of the other categories. I think a new tool should get a listing in both places then dropp off the new list after 6 months or a year, or if replaced by something newer.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

We are still adding in new tools that have gone up on the "old" site that havent been migrated to the new site.

We are going to try and get the "new" flagging under better control with the new site. As of right now its got the new flags from the old. We willl remove quite a few from that list to keep it more concise.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              We are going to try and get the "new" flagging under better control with the new site. As of right now its got the new flags from the old. We willl remove quite a few from that list to keep it more concise.
              Yeah, I can see it still lists the angle grinder I got as a wedding gift over 2 years ago as "new".

Comment

the my e-box link seems to go to basically "nowhere"
                makes it hard to register new tools online

the 12v impact was the x-mas gift, need to get it registered

still waiting for the 24v impact

Comment

I just checked the link to myebox and it seems to be working fine. where is the link that you saw that doesnt work?

thanks,

Josh

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/My-Ebox/ on the homepage on the bottom results in 404

https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...&p_supergroup=

does not have any really useful options

Comment

Strange, both those links (the URLs in subiemech85's post) work fine for me. Both take me to My eBox, is that not correct?
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

subiemech85, both of your links also take me to my eBox. What I know about computers you could put into a thimble so I may be well off the mark but maybe you have a cookie problem.

Have you literally logged off of this site and logged back in? If that doesn't help, possibly going into your cookie file and deleting the cookie for this site might correct it.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                        X