Safety And Security!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety And Security!!!!!

This will most definetely be my last post!!!!!!I will not go and delete all my post like a certain individual did but I most certainly will not post ever again!!!!I am done w/ these forums!!!!!!!No fault to the Ridgid site but my own by disclosing to much info about myself on another forum(long gone now). DO NOT EVER EVER EVER Disclose any info on oneself!!!!!!Even if it seems innocent!!!!!!In the info age we live in;your phone #steet address and so forth can be found out!!!!!!Once a individual knows your posting style and what tools you are into you will never be free ever again. Kiss anonomous posting goodbye!!!!!So it is farewell!!!!!Great thing is that I have a life and do not need to hang on the computer all day!!!!!Plenty of stuff to do!!!!!!PLEASE TAKE MY WARNING SERIOUSLY!!!!
    Last edited by Akita; 12-20-2006, 08:48 AM.
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Sorry to see you go AFAIK all your info was helpful. Before you leave could you explain what happened on the other board so others might avoid the same thing?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Tod,I used my real name on a differant site and ask when thatr tool manufacturer was coming to my area(mentioned the big city near me-I'm in the suburbs). Certain individuals(2 girls supoosedly) took it upon themselves to find out where I live so they can send misc odds and end tools. Through the mess I got to be friends w/ someone from MD (and we did ship odds and end and stuff we had too many of to each other)but really cannot be sure if he isn't the girls himself(or a mystery 3rd person who now sends stuff). That what sucks about screen names-one person can be several!!!!The guy seems sincere but I just don't know!!!!!Seems when I do not communicate w/ him all stuff and emails from the girls and the the supposed Mike the Toolman stops. Also writing style and sayings and mannerisms are quite similar!!!!Tired of trying to sort it out!!!!!Have enough on my plate!!!!!Important stuff!!!!! I just keep the stuff and go on w/ life maybe when I delete the screenname they know or do not reply to the mail problem will go away!!!!!!!Also this person is known under 2 names in this forum-a definire violation of rules!!!!WHy would someone you do not know send you stuff??????(unless it's the same person messing w/ you but since I thought we were fiends can't figure it out!!!)Since I cannot figure it out-I figure the heck w/ it this forum is not the end all in my life!!!!!!!!!Far from it!!!!!
      Last edited by Akita; 12-25-2006, 09:29 AM. Reason: more clarity needed
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the explaination. I have been a member hear for a long time and have never had that problem. In fact still waiting for Josh to send my hat and shirt.LOL
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Hmmm. All I ever get is junk mail.
          Sorry to see you go.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Akita,

I have yet to receive anything unsolicited, but maybe it's the state. Here in NY, if you receive something that is unsolicited, it's yours to keep forever! If you don't want it, you can always donate it to any of the local charity organizations, like Salvation Army or Habitat for Humanity.

But, I can understand your problem and will be sorry to see you go! I have enjoyed your posts. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and the best of the New Year. Please take care of yourself and don't forget that your friends here on this forum hold you in high regard.

Best wishes,

CWS

Comment

Wait a minute... people are sending you free tools and you're pissed?

Am I missing something here? Where do I sign up for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Akita View Post
                Tod,I used my real name on a differant site and ask when thatr tool manufacturer was coming to my area(mentioned the big city near me-I'm in the suburbs). Certain individuals(2 girls supoosedly) took it upon themselves to find out where I live so they can send misc odds and end tools. Through the mess I got to be friends w/ someone from MD (and we did ship odds and end and stuff we had too many of to each other)but really cannot be sure if he isn't the girls himself(or a mystery 3rd person who now sends stuff). That what sucks about screen names-one person can be several!!!!The guy seems sincere but I just don't know!!!!!Seems when I do not communicate w/ him all stuff and emails from the girls and the the supposed Mike the Toolman stops. Also writing style and sayings and mannerisms are quite similar!!!!Tired of trying to sort it out!!!!!Have enough on my plate!!!!!Important stuff!!!!! I just keep the stuff and go on w/ life maybe when I delete the screenname they know or do not reply to the mail problem will go away!!!!!!!Also this person is known under 2 names in this forum-a definire violation of rules!!!!WHy would someone you do not know send you stuff??????(unless it's the same person messing w/ you but since I thought we were fiends can't figure it out!!!)Since I cannot figure it out-I figure the heck w/ it this forum is not the end all in my life!!!!!!!!!Far from it!!!!!
                what stuffs?? anyway, ignore them..

Comment

Working...
                X