X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoseless nailers

I'm thinking I would like a hoseless finish nailer and was looking for input and any handson experience with any makes or models. Thanks for any help.

I've used two different kinds. The Paslode and the Dewalt. Paslode makes a complete line of finish and framing nailers. The Dewalt, as far as I know makes only finish. Comparing the performance of the finish nailers I give a slight edge to the Paslode -- I've found the Dewalt to overdrive nails. Both are heavier and bulkier than corded nailers. The Paslode uses a battery plus a gas cannister and I get a little tired of smelling the exhaust. The Dewalt uses only a battery and you can drive a lot of nails on one charge. Both are expensive. I think a corded nailer drives the best nail, but it's nice to be able to pick up the gun and go right to work. I wouldn't use the 16 gauge Dewalt on any fine trim. I don't think Dewalt makes an 18 gauge, but Paslode does.
    Last edited by thedcdude; 12-22-2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I've purchased and used most of them. The Senco 15Ga cordless nailer is slow and annoying. It takes too much time to cycle between shots. It's also a bit heavy. I got the Dewalt angled 16Ga nailer, and it's quite heavy and large. It works well in bump fire mode, but I found it's somewhat inconsistent in dept of drive. It's quiet at least. It's not bad for driving a few nails but using all day gets tiring. I mostly use my Paslode 16Ga nailer for quick jobs. I don't really like the idea of having fuel cells, but at least it's a light weight nailer and works quite well. However, it's noisy and smells a bit. None of the cordless nailers replace the functionality of a pneumatic nailer 100% but like everything else it's a compromise...

Comment

Thanks for the input I have my hosed nailers and I agree the hoseless nailers dont replace them it would be used for small jobs like trimming 1 door or window stuff like that.

Comment

For 1 door or window use a hammer.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
            For 1 door or window use a hammer.
            A hammer? What's that?

Comment

A hammer isn't that what you use to make the apprentice listen.

Comment

I have a 45 year old hammer that has outlasted several others I have acquired over the years. My father used it for framing in the 1960's, it's probably whacked a few hundred thousand nails, and is going strong. If I have to drive less than 20 or so nails I will use a hammer. I can drive the nails before the compressor is ready to go. It's also a good skill to maintain, like handcutting dovetails and using hand planes.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I have a 16 straight and a 18ga trim master from paslode. You can't beat them for convenience. I haven't used a corded so I don't know how they compare but the paslode's are great nailers. I don't think they are all that heavy. I am using a pasolde framing nailer to build a new shed and it weighs a ton, but the trim guns are manageable. Look on ebay for some used from a buyer with good feedback or HD has a 16 straight nailer for $259 if you have a 10% off coupon you could save some more money, Gas is $22 for the 18ga and $13 for the 16ga. 1200 nails per gas cartridge and 4000 nails per battery charge. Just my 2cents.
                  steve

Comment

Working...
                  X