X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to register multiple tools for LLSA

I bought a kit at HD with the brad and finish nailer and the 9.6 volt pivot driver. When I selected the kit under power tools it only gives me one slot for a serial number but there are several items that I need to list. What should I do?

Thanks

P.S. I drove about 200 finish nails with only one jam because I hit a screw. I'm very happy with it. The brad nailer will get a work out tomorrow.

When I registered my drill/driver,impact driver combo I registered the combo using the drill/drivers serial number. Then I registered all of the components that came with the combo separately using their respective serial numbers and reusing the serial number of the drill/driver when I registered it. I didn't run into any problems doing it that way.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I registered the same nailer/drill kit a few months ago. As I recall they had the kit itself as an option in the E-Box and then asked for each serial number on the next screens individually. That was before the did the upgrades to the site so it may have changed since then? Unfortunately I registered the kit about 2 months ago and it still doesn't show registered for the LLSA. I will need to give them a call soon and see what is up.....

WWS
      Last edited by wwsmith; 12-27-2006, 10:20 PM.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Once you register the kit...the individual pieces follow.

Originally posted by adstott View Post
        I bought a kit at HD with the brad and finish nailer and the 9.6 volt pivot driver. When I selected the kit under power tools it only gives me one slot for a serial number but there are several items that I need to list. What should I do?

Thanks

P.S. I drove about 200 finish nails with only one jam because I hit a screw. I'm very happy with it. The brad nailer will get a work out tomorrow.
        Once you register the kit...the individual pieces follow. I did find a small white strip of paper glued to the outside of kits which I assume is the kit serial number. It is easy to miss and I may have missed it when I registered my first kit. It probably won't be a problem as long as you have the individual pieces registered....after all...they are the things that are warranted.

I also find it interesting that the batteries and charger all have the same serial number. Also interesting was that the kits seem to have the battery serial number common with the tools...as a suffix. However, in one kit I bought the batteries did not match. I'm guessing the batteries got swapped out with another kit or replaced all together.

Comment

I just left the serial number blank on the first page and on the next page there was a place for each of the tools individual SN's. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X