Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworking show in MD this weekend

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/findashow

Woodworking show in Baltimore, MD (State Fairgrounds in Timonium)
    Jan. 5-7, 2007.

Anybody going?

Will RIDGID be represented there ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Bob

Do you know if they will be selling tickets at the show? I think it's too late to order them online and have them arrive in time. I used to go to the "Industrial" shows there (fair grounds) until they became more of a copier, FAX machines and office supply show. As best as I know they no longer hold that show there anymore. It's been a long time, but I did go to a woodworking show at the Baltimore convention center. It was in a word GRRRRREAT. Let's all of us in the Mid Atlantic area try to support this event. Tomorrow when they are open, I'm calling a few woodworking machinery dealers in the Baltimore area to get more info.

Comment

I have not been to a woodworking show at Timonium before, but I have attended other similar events there, and tickets were available at the door. If you follow the link there is a place on their web site where you can print out a $1.00 off coupon for the show.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

Thanks Bob

If anyone else plans to come, look on a Maryland map for the Baltimore beltway which is I-695. Then look for I-83 heading north toward PA. The fairgrounds are just east of I-83 at the Timonium Road EXIT a few miles north of the Baltimore beltway. If you miss the exit, just get off at the next one. Route 45 (Old York Road) can be used to get you back. They have a horse racing track on the grounds too.

I hope RIDGID does have a display and some reps there.
        Last edited by Woussko; 01-09-2007, 03:23 AM. Reason: I made stupid comments

Comment

Well no Ridgid at the show...seemed like everybody else was there though. Delta, PC, DeWalt had a big presence with many, many static displays and also people demonstrating various tools and techniques.

General, Powermatic/Jet, Steel City were also well represented.

MiniMax and Rikon were two that I noticed were also absent.
          ---------------
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

I went on Sunday afternoon. Steel City products do look pretty good. Delta, DeWalt and Porter-Cable about took over the place as I could expect being that they are in their "Home Town" show area. I was upset that the young ladies and men that were demonstrating power tools did NOT have on, or seem to even have safety glasses. I wish I had taken extras in the car as I could have given a pair or two to them. Nearby was the display by Skarie, Inc. an old timer and highly regarded dealer of woodworking machinery, hand and power tools and more for the professional woodworker. They are near downtown Baltimore and if you can get to see the attic and basement of that place, it really is something to see. They are a big General machinery dealer for the area, and are also into Delta and Powermatic machinery, and Bosch, Delta, and Porter-Cable power tools. I enjoyed the show and what I really liked seeing was the portable saw mill demo outside. That's quite a machine for the money. I should have asked the dealer if they ever bring the machine to a place and saw wood onsite. If not, that would be a little business for someone to think about. I have seen small businesses that take portable sawmills around, but they use a bandsaw machine. This one with the rotatable blade (the one being shown off at the show) is pretty wild in what it can do.
            Last edited by Woussko; 01-09-2007, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Did any one else from this forum go to the show? Please speak up. Thanks

Comment

I went to the show in Louisville in september and I am going this weekend to the Columbus, Ohio show. Have a freind that lives up that way and meet him at the show. Anyone here planning on being at the Columbus show?
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Sorry, I'm holding out for the day someone decides to do a MT show....
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

wwsmith

Why not ake a nice little vacation and take in one of the shows? I bet you and your family would enjoy it.

Comment

It has been discussed, but unfortunately it is not in the budget this year with everything else going on in our lives at the moment. With a recent move, new home, new addition to the family and my work schedule we will probably be sticking close to home for a while.
                      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                      X