X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of THOSE days

I know lots have had " THOSE" days. Yet again I am haveing one today.I cleaned up shop after i got rushed to make 3 tables for x-mas present. I went back to shop today and to no aveil, the wife used my only drill (atm) and now I can't find it anywhere!! I looked in all the rooms of the house. My corded drill is in storage unit that I am not gonna trifle through.So i guess she can find my drill and it gives good reason to get more of the dam things.And to think little while before x-mas a local pawn shop had used drills on sale for 20 bucks and they came with a battery and charger!! I am not gonna say "told ya so hun" but I will mention i need more tools.... good day to all....In december my dewalt drill died after 14 years of hard good service.Like i said it is a pet pieve of mine...the wife had put the drill in my toolbox!! the one place I never thought of looking as my toolbox has my mechanics tools in it geesh.I told her from now on just put any tool you use back on my workshop table and I will put it away.
    Last edited by hellcatt200; 01-05-2007, 10:01 AM.

Excuse me asking, Hellcatt, but how long have you been married? I 'm sure that the members of this forum, including the ladies, will tell you that ordinary females have a different view on being tidy than we have.
    "Leave it on the bench, untill you're going over to the drawer where the tool lives" -- NO-WAY!! The normal female thinks - "Out of sight Out of mind, just sling it in the back of som cuppboard where there's room" !!
    Now I know I'm going to get some stick for this, but this is my experience, and I'm sure a lot of the guy's are nodding their heads, & speculating about when I get the first death threat!

Comment

Absolutely!
      My desk looks like a tornado hit it, but all my drawers are tidy and have things exactly where they should be.

My wife's desk is always clear but you couldn't shoe horn a smartie into one of her drawers with a heat gun!

Comment

Interesting point of view and from my experience, right on target. My wife believes that there is a place for everything and everything should be it's place and she surely attempts to keep my life in order, right down to the drawer where my socks are kept.

My philosophy is that "creative minds are messy minds", and my "stuff" has been the subject of more than one discussion.

So on quick observation, my stuff resides within my "world" as a chaotic mess, left where I used it and often stacked upon stacks. OTOH, my computer files, tool drawers and even the tool box, has things in such order that I can find it quickly.

My wife's stuff is nowhere to be seen, with counterspace neatly and cleanly in order and almost everything displayed properly. But.... you don't want to look in her closet, pocket book, or other storage areas.

CWS

Comment

Well, my wife is neat and tidy and perfect in every way. Everything she owns is perfectly arranged in logical order. I never have to look for any of my tools after my wife uses them because she always puts them right back where they came from.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Ah... so your wife reads these forums, eh?

Comment

My wife has never put anything (laundry and dishes excepted) in the same place twice.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I have learned that if I can't find it to look in laundry room. If it is a screwdriver or pliers type tool I should also look in the toy box with the Bob the Builder tool belt.
                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

RiR
                  I been with 14 and married 12 of it. She always gets tools and usees them and to no avail she puts them where she thinks they need to go/be. That is why i told her just put my tools on my workshop table.I am the organized one in relationship. It is starting to wear off on her though.Maybe in 12 more years my tools will reach the correct spot lol.

Comment

Me and Da Missus have been together for 11yrs. Our second year together we were doing some yard work when one day she needed to split some rocks. I came home from work in the evening to see 2 of my GOOD wood chisels laying on the ground next to a pile of rocks. The rocks survived . . . the chisels did not do so well.
                    The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

Comment

Have they moved things while you are using them?

My wife of 43 years has, on many occasions, moved tools while I am in the middle of a project. Example, working on a door frame, I momentarily set my hammer on the floor while leveling the frame, reached for the hammer and nowhere to be found. When asked where is the hammer, "I didn't see it". I finally found it two floors down on my workbench.

I keep my things neat and organized, shop is cleaned in the evening, clothes are hung up. If I am designing some project and leave the folder on the desk I return to the desk, no folder. "I didn't touch your stuff" I estimate that I spend about 1/3 of my day looking for things that she has moved.

I still love her though.

Comment

I finally FINALLY convinced the hubby that when he's using MY tools to leave them on the workbench when done. RETURN THEM to the shop, but don't attempt to put them away as things are in order of use....so he wouldn't have a clue which goes where! Today .....the glue gun was on the workbench...I haven't a clue why or what it was used for...but it was there. At least he's learning. There's hope for y'all fellas!!!

*please note the lack of bashin any guys for previous comments* (I had to duck tape my fingers)
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sometimes I think we move things ourselves and forget that we moved them. That's when the real hunt starts. Our mind plays tricks on us. It's not where we thought it was and it's never, ever where it belongs when we put it away. After looking long and hard we buy a replacement and then about a week later when not even thinking about the lost item, we find it out in plain site. Please note this only applies to old basket case grunts like me. I'm sure NO one else on this forum has such a problem. It's only me.

Comment

It's a good thing that we have members like "Plumber Girl", & VASandy. They are some of the special lady Craftsmen i referred to. Thank you Ladies! Without you, then I, and a lot of others on this forum, would be driven insane

Comment

RiR

I think they are the kind of ladies us guys dream about. That is the single ones like me.

Comment

Working...
                              X