X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you like next?

what power or non power tool would you like to see next from ridgid that they don't make now? i would like to see a biscut jointer myself but what about you guys what would you guys want?
    9/11/01, never forget.

Just echoing your plate joiner comment. That Max Select dual voltage impact drive would also be nice.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Festool's new joiner looks pretty awesome. It has changeable blades, and makes what looks to be a true mortise/tennon joint. I'd love to see Ridgid come out with a tool like that, but without the Festool price tag!

I'd also love to see them come out with some dust handling equipment. The shop vacs are pretty good, but a larger dedicated dust handling system would be very nice.

Next on my list of major tools is a drum sander. A 15" open-throat design, made so that it can thickness sand a panel up to 30" would be very handy! I work with highly figured wood a lot, and it can't be planed with a power planer. I've been hand-planing the boards, and then using a variety of sanders. It's a lot of work, and the results are far from optimal. I'd love a Ridgid drum sander!!!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I'm amazed, 28 hours this thread has had life and not a peep about a job site radio.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

how about a jobsite radio!

Comment

*beats BadgerDave with an iPod*

You just had to...didn't ya?
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Super Radio Charger and More

OK here goes, but I know this is only my day dreaming idea

How about a super job site radio, that's able to play MP3s, CDs and casette tapes besides being an AM, FM and weather radio? Then on top have a 4 bay charger where all bays would have "Smart Technology" (maybe not the same for every bay) so that any battery pack wearing the RIDGID name could be charged up. I really hate having loads of different chargers sitting on the shelf above my bench. A smart charger could be made to charge several different ones and especially a multi bay charger. Now to add on a little extra feature, how about a good powerful work light and set it up so that with the flip of a switch, it can become a power failure light? Call me nuts, because I doubt my dream Radio-Charger-More could be purchased for under $500, but if it's really done right, maybe some of us would be willing to invest in such.

Your comments, please __________________________

Comment

How about a rotary hammer. Seems like a basic enough tool and I'm surprised they still don't make them. As far as cordless tools, make more of them, and in the same voltage line. One of the reasons I've never really considered Ridgid cordless is the selection is fairly limited and some of the stuff is only available in different voltage/battery ranges.

Comment

A drum sander would be a nice addition to the line-up, and a nice belt/disc sander would compliment the EB4424 sander they have now, which I would like to see in a version which uses a longer belt, maybe designed to use the standard 6x48" belt size but follow the design of the EB4424, including the tilt table but they could leave the spindle capability off this larger model and include good dust collection with a 4" port.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If Ridgid can engineer and built one that is as good as and has the cutting capacities as the Makita LS1013, I'd like to see a 10" SCMS.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

a 3/8 all thread rod cutter
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

i also would like to see a 6" disk 3"x24" belt sander one of those ones that look like a modifed bench grinder oh and while you are at it a 6" bench grinder
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I think this picture is about like what OSC has in mind, but this one has a 7" grinding wheel and a 2 x 48 belt sander.
                          Attached Files

Comment

or something like this one
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC

Sorry about that. I was thinking of a little belt sander and a bench grinder in one. I think you have in mind a disc and belt sander. Pictures are great and yes, it would be a nice addition for Ridgid. If they had a good one at a reasonable price I'm sure it would sell.

Comment

Working...
                              X