Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD and Harbor Freight Coupon

Hello
    Does anybody know what the company/store policy is on accepting coupons from Harbor Freight. Is it up to the individual stores/managers? Ron

Yes, it is up to the store manager. I had to check several stores about 18 months ago when I got my TS3650, to find a manager who would accept a HF 20% coupon. It was worth the hassle tho!
    ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I'll bet you have a better chance of finding a HD that will honor a HF coupon if there is a HF store in close proximity to that HD store.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but I am not sure what you guys mean by HD honoring Harbor Freight's coupons (since HF doesn't carry Ridgid). Can you please explain? I would love a way to get an even better deal at HD!
        Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
          Forgive my ignorance, but I am not sure what you guys mean by HD honoring Harbor Freight's coupons (since HF doesn't carry Ridgid). Can you please explain? I would love a way to get an even better deal at HD!
          Well, I'm married and employed, so I am accustomed to being told NO!! ;-D
          I had a HF 20% coupon, was saving for a 3650 but was around $100 short. I read on another forum that some HD managers would accept HF coupons, so I got on the phone and started asking. After 4 NO's, I got a YES!!
          So, I get the 3650 for ~$440.
          And, I didn't ask the manager why he did it either.
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

And I would like to thank this forum for this information. I would never have thought about HD honoring a Harbor Freight coupon. I called our HD Saturday and asked for the store manager. I said I had heard they sometimes honored HF coupons. He asked me what I was looking to buy, I said a table saw, he said he would honor it. Now if I had been looking at ceiling fans he probably wouldn't have done it. So now I am the new owner of a 3650 table saw.

Comment

Unfortunately I am still in the dark about this one. I have heard of price matching for the exact same item between say Lowe's and HD, for example. Are these coupons something like 20% off any power tool or something similar? The Harbor Freight stores around here (So. California) pretty much sell junk brands. I don't see why Home Depot would honor a generic discount coupon on good, quality merchandise. What am I missing? (I beer a need )

Comment

Googled it and got the answer. 20% off any single item purchase. (and I did it all by myself..without the beer!)

Comment

Working...
                X